Which diesel

martin.cat

I normally use Sainsburys which isn't on the list

I have just done 630 miles with range still showing 70

This was mostly motorway at 70 80 not wellied but is say normal sensible driving also included drive into and out of London

So I'm happy with that

mattwillco

Feb 25, 2013
I have a 1.9TDi Sport. I have experience of the 2.0 with the 6 speed and am a bigger fan of the 1.9. Although it is noisy, it is very strong and torquey. The gear ratios are also better, meaning less changes through the gearbox.

I'm sure someone has already mentioned the DPF issue with the 2.0, but in general, this engine just doesn't feel as strong and the feeling of the extra power is minimal. Don't be swayed by the BHP figures.

In terms of economy, again this is where I have seen the 1.9 as the better choice. My wife bimbles around in it to baby groups around our hilly town and it gets the occasional motorway run and it consistently gets 48mpg. As a commuter, it would definitely get early 50s.

I hope that helps.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Pic love these threads makes me want to test them propley not by puttin it in my car.

I'll see if I can get samples from all and see what the actual difframces her are in the chemicals

falcon7

Jan 31, 2014
North Devon
Don't know whether I dare ask this

Anyone running on Biodiesel?

Been advised no to use more than 50% (B50).

Got my tin hat ready :lol:

ritch_b

Jul 27, 2012
Oop north
Naah! Not been brave enough! My day job involves licensing fuel stations and some of the horror stories of biodiesel aren't very inspiring, although many are due to people brimming their tanks and then doing very few miles, leading to problems.

My old Audi? That thing ran on pure veg oil. Much less to go wrong and much easier to fix though!

..:: I started off with nothing; I still have most of it left ::..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.