Which leon?

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
I've got an 04 plated Cupra R and I'm thinking of up grading to a mk II leon tsi but I'm not sure which 1 to get. Any suggestions welcome?sorry for the stupid question in advance.

FR_Flavoured

He never claimed to be :gay: or a hairdresser though? :confused:

Well Al, That nicely lit-up Pink building you proudly park next to in your signature looks a little :gay: !
Where you spend your time at night we wont even go into! :p

Cupra_r...
Nothing wrong with travelling a fair few mines to pickup "the one" ;)
I've travelled a few hundred miles before to view a car (that I then went on to buy). ;)
You could make it a weekend away, spending some time on the mainland.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Well Al, That nicely lit-up Pink building you proudly park next to in your signature looks a little :gay: !

Red/Pink lights are better than Blue ones though eh ;)

Last edited:

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland

Cupra_r...
Nothing wrong with travelling a fair few mines to pickup "the one" ;)
I've travelled a few hundred miles before to view a car (that I then went on to buy). ;)
You could make it a weekend away, spending some time on the mainland.

I actually got my Cupra R in Inverness 3 years ago and I live in Cork which is the very south of Ireland so I don't mind travelling. Made a weekend out of it and I enjoyed "pushing the car" aswell without getting any points :p So I've no problem travelling. Only 2 things throwing me off is selling my own and paying the VRT here to our money hungry government.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Isn't that why people who have cars in Eire run on UK number plates and UK insurance, and have the car addressed to a relative/friend somewhere in Northern Ireland? I know some lads who are just in to Eire from the North and have their cars/registered and insured with their family in Northern Ireland.

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
Isn't that why people who have cars in Eire run on UK number plates and UK insurance, and have the car addressed to a relative/friend somewhere in Northern Ireland? I know some lads who are just in to Eire from the North and have their cars/registered and insured with their family in Northern Ireland.

Ya alot of people do it here to avoid paying huge amounts on VRT. If the car is registered in a family/relatives name in the UK for over 6months the VRT is only €50. I don't have any family there though and when I got my R I didn't pay the VRT for 2months and I got stopped at a check point by the police and the impounded my car. I had to pay €1000 to get it back on top of the €3200 for the VRT.:(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.