Which turbo

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It's a BorgWarner turbo. OE Part number is 03L253056C

If you need the actuator that's available separately as a replacement kit. Part number 03L198716A

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Darkside lists this actuator as compatible with Garrett turbos only?

I've just checked my parts invoice from when I changed mine in 2017 and that's the part number I bought but checking availability now it has been discontinued and replaced by 03L198716L

It's definitely the one for the BorgWarner / KKK turbo though.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Actuator needs to be setup once installed IIRC?

Yeah, it needs to be held at a certain vacuum level when setting the position of the vane lever on the actuator rod. The proper replacement procedure VAG detail says to also verify the position sensor voltage but I think that's a belt and braces measure. The voltage on mine was exactly where it was supposed to be when I checked it.

You need two special tools to do the job too. A deep socket with a cutout and a banana shaped spanner but there's loads of kits of these on eBay, etc.

It is an awkward job to do in situ though.

Attachments

• 2023908_sus.pdf
    161.1 KB · Views: 181

UltraObamaX

Feb 3, 2018
Stafford, UK
Yeah, it needs to be held at a certain vacuum level when setting the position of the vane lever on the actuator rod. The proper replacement procedure VAG detail says to also verify the position sensor voltage but I think that's a belt and braces measure. The voltage on mine was exactly where it was supposed to be when I checked it.

You need two special tools to do the job too. A deep socket with a cutout and a banana shaped spanner but there's loads of kits of these on eBay, etc.

It is an awkward job to do in situ though.

Thanks, I won't be attempting myself, I'll have my 'backstreet garage' do it for me. Hopefully they have everything needed and know how to set it up.

UltraObamaX

Feb 3, 2018
Stafford, UK
I've just checked my parts invoice from when I changed mine in 2017 and that's the part number I bought but checking availability now it has been discontinued and replaced by 03L198716L

It's definitely the one for the BorgWarner / KKK turbo though.

I'm confused. Darkside are showing that part number as for bi turbo, the one I found on their website that will fit my engine (CEGA 170) is https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...Ex3ftxMZdsiLsmQwAKMEVKcuQs5WwD-gaAiZfEALw_wcB which is a different part number

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I'm confused. Darkside are showing that part number as for bi turbo, the one I found on their website that will fit my engine (CEGA 170) is https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...Ex3ftxMZdsiLsmQwAKMEVKcuQs5WwD-gaAiZfEALw_wcB which is a different part number

I just had a look on their site and they don't list a direct match for 03L198716L. The two parts that come up for the bi-turbo cars are the closest matches for that part number but not exact matches. They are different parts.

03L198716A was definitely the correct original part for the actuator kit and that's been replaced with 03L198716L now.

Whether you want to get the OE kit or an aftermarket one (like the one you link to) is up to you of course. It does seem a bit more expensive for the OE kit now than it used to be. I paid £150 all in when I did mine.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire

Darkside supplied and installed a new actuator for my CEGA 170. Like you I also had a burst diaphragm so could hold no vacuum on the actuator.

From my receipt this is the part:

UltraObamaX

Feb 3, 2018
Stafford, UK
Darkside supplied and installed a new actuator for my CEGA 170. Like you I also had a burst diaphragm so could hold no vacuum on the actuator.

From my receipt this is the part:

Thanks
This is the 1 I have ordered too as it states it's for the CEGA 170.

Don't suppose anyone has a link or part number for the spare parts kit?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
The 1 mentioned in the fitting guide, with the new bolts etc

As I've said, it was originally 03L198716A (that part number is in the Seat guide I posted) and that's been replaced with 03L198716L now.

There isn't a kit with just the fitting parts and not the actuator.

The one you've got from Darkside seems to have everything that's essential. The extra things in the OE kit is a pair of caps for the turbo and oil line to keep them clean, some marking paint and the three bolts for holding the actuator on, but it's debatable whether or not you actually need to replace them.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise