Which VAG Com

paul26982

as title i have a 04 plate leon cupra, which vag com packages can i get from the ross tech site, any1 post a link :shrug:

paul26982

also whats the difference between the seriel interface and usb interface

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
also whats the difference between the seriel interface and usb interface

The serial interface plugs into a serial port on your computer and the USB uses the USB port.

As to which package you need, the KEY-USB (assuming you want the USB version) should work fine if you're only going to use it on your Leon and don't intend to use it with anything newer that uses the CANBUS system.

paul26982

so if i want to use a usb on my leon will it also work on other cars but up to only a 04 plate, can you post the link to the correct one then please so i know thanx

paul26982

is this the canbus good usb one

VAG-COM License with Micro-CAN Interface

Or is this it
VAG-COM License with HEX-COM+CAN Interface

VRStu

Briskodian
Mar 22, 2005
Hampshire
www.fabia-vrs.com
If you want one to work on everything then you need Hex and CAN which has full backward compatibility. If you want one to work on cars such as yours and most things before the A5 platform cars then the Key USB is fine.

The Micro Can only works on CANBUS Cars

paul26982

bit confussed, dont know a great deal at the moment, so what the one in the link like etc

paul26982

what the will cover all eventualities, is that the better one than the second link one

so i dont need the bottom its out of the top 2

paul26982

so sorry m8 just learning, thanx for ya help will order the 1st link on tuesday thanx for your patiants and help

boss1986

Oct 27, 2006
Leeds
i got the HEX-USB+CAN.

got direct from Ross-Tech in the US.
worked out cheaper than the distributors over here including postage.

when i got it i thought id got away with no customs charges but then a week or 2 later i got a letter from fedex wanting 25pound (ish, cant remember).
didnt bother me though,just paid it the next afternoon after work. still cheaper

set auto locking on my ibiza
set auto locking and the alarm beep when locking/unlocking on the A3
done diagnostic tests on them both

reset service light and ran off a list of faults on a friends leon cupra after seat turned it off and told him they think he needs a new air filter and will cost him some stupid price of over £150.
vag-com says

17545 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
P1137 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

gives me something to do haha

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.