White Dove ! Im fuuuuuuuming!!!!!!

crayven

[:@][:@][:@]

Not happy with white dove cardiff is mildly putting it![:@]

Almost from day one nothing but problems.
My latest installment is my car, Fr tdi leon just been in for its 1st service. nothing unusuall there you think........
Picked up the car, found they have damaged the paintwork on the door and broken the engine cover mounts, so i requested them politely to put it right, they denied damaging the door naturally, but i insisted as i only polished the car few days before and the chip on the door was not there. so eventually they agree to fix it, booked in for another time.
Jumped in the car, drove off.......
about 3 days later, it rained, put wipers on, wipers awfully noisy and smearing the windscreen to the point of no being able to see.
So not wanting to deal with white dove service, i just bought a new pair of blades my self and put them on. all ok , still a bit noisy on the screen but now i can see.
few days later back to square one and cant see, so now im thinking have they contaminated the screen wash?
I take it back to complain, they give me a new set of blades under warrenty.
next day, the blades are smearing again!
So i take a closer look, .........

My car is COVERED everywhere in black OVERSPRAY!!!!!!!
every window , every panel of the car has little black paint drops all over it!
With my car being black its hard to see, but looking at the wing mirrors and feeling the texture of the surface its covered!

Im not happy, a 1 year old car , in for first service and in my eyes they have ruined it !

Never use white dove for anything again!!!
Phoning SEAT customer services in the morning, im fuming ![:@]

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I had a sh1tter of a respray job after Audi damaged my car re-fitting a new screen. They had scratched the roof badly during the initial install (which cost me £270). They agreed to refit and respray, and now when I look at the car in certain lights the repair patch looks silver, not grey as they have basically touched up and overlacquered it. Bloke at our local spray shop says it ranks amongst some of the worst jobs they have ever seen.

It may have been tendered out to an independent, so make sure they have their own spray booth before you throw the book at them.

Really sorry to hear it as this is unaccpetable on any car, let alone new one. The spray industry seems to be the new 'tarmac your drive for cash' area of motoring. Unless you pay a mint they get Blue Peter in to fix it.

crayven

I see what your saying but my car was NOT resprayed, its overspray from another car!
The chipped paint on the door was done with a touch up stick .
And the overspray must have happened when the car originally when in for just a service before they even damaged the door because thats when my wiper blades started to fail.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
You sure its not oil sprayed from a dodgy car/lorry that you've been behind at some point? .... that would certainly explain the smearing windscreen .

crayven

since when does oil dry in a solid unsmeared / undripped state that competely covers a car which has only been driven from the garage to my driveway which is approx 2 miles away and feels like sandpaper all over the car?
The car is mostly used by my wife who is on maternity leave since having my daughter 5 weeks ago, so the car has harldly been used if at all.
the car was serviced 3 weeks ago.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I drove through some night time roadworks one night on the M4 and they wers spraying tar into the road (WTF), needless to say my silver company car was covered in tiny little black dots that made the paint feel like sandpaper, made my wipers judder and smear too.

A spray of wd40 and a soft rag got it all off thank goodness

GazM

Aug 5, 2006
Leicester
Not saying you're wrong but I would've thought it would be highly unlikely.

IF they have a spraybooth the doors should be closed whilst spraying, plus the service department should be nowhere near the booth as silicone based products that they use would f*** up the paint jobs.

crayven

Well all i can say is the car went in as new with no damage, i polished the car 1 week earlier and it was immaculate.
No problems with the wipers, no chips in the paint.
after service immediately see a chip on the drivers side door.
Next day after service it rains, use the wipers and they sound rough as if the rubber had hardened, over the next day or two, they become terribly streaky across the screen and can no longer see out the windshield.
buy a new set, all ok, still sounds a bit rough but not as bad, few days later back to square one.
dealer replace the new wipers under warranty on sat, by Monday the process started again.
Thought at first it was something the dealer had mixed in the washer reservoir but looked closer after the 3rd set of blades failed and can see black paint looking spots ( not tar or oil ) on the silver wing mirror covers and can see and feel little spots all over the windows and bodywork and wheels.
The car has been used minimal and only on short runs about town, no motorway use as just had a newborn baby ( 6 weeks old ) and wife uses the car and is on maternity leave, i have company vehicle.

So the damage had to have happened at the dealers, i can not see any other way this could have happened.
Car is parked on my driveway in a quiet estate, so passing vehicles are very very few and far between.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Do White Dove have a paintshop?

No, they haven't... they sub body shop work out. They also sub out alloy wheel repair & electrical stuff... my LCR was one of the run out models which came with some hard wired sat nav thing (which I didn't have fitted, I sold it on ebay!). Fitting was to be booked by another company a few miles away.

Having seen some of their used cars, assuming they used their 'preferred' repairer for touch-ups etc. prior to resale, the work is ****. A todler could do a better job with a crayon.

Also, despite the fact there's a car wash next to the dealership, and they employ some kid with a bucket & sponge - look at the state of the paint on their used cars :blink: Absolutely shocking swirl marks - and I guarantee there is not a single car there without etched / peeling lacquer from baked on seagull **** :ban:

You'd kinda expect crap from a "faceless corporation"... but a long established "family business" :confused: Really ought to be a LOT better than it is... seems they're not the slightest bit interested in customer satisfaction!

I've had my share of rants about them over the past 3 years - and there have been many other bad reviews before that... take a look on the Evo forums - you'll find more shock & upset from Whitedove there... my mate takes his Evo to Bristol for servicing (apparently has the most recommendations on the Evo forum).

Good to see they've improved over the years... not! :doh:

Last edited:

crayven

Had an independant garage look at the damage and in their professional opinion it is from fall out from a grinder or other burning equipment!
White dove had their " body guy " have a look last night out side in the rain in the dark, and just by rubbing his hands over the paint and glass, his opinion.........tree sap or overspray!
White dove are a joke, looking at starting legal proceedings against them today, i strongly advise anyone not to do business with them, they have blatantly lied to our faces on numerous occasions.