white smoke under full acceleration help!!

Oct 8, 2021
could anyone help me please my seat leon fr 2.0 mk2 diesel has white smoke coming out of the exhaust only on full acceleration if i go quarter there's still smoke but hardly anything there's no sign of head gasket failure all liquid levels are where there suppose to be i do have a broken exhaust centre pipe iv had carbon clean that reduced the smoke but didn't get rid of it i also have no boost and when i had the car scanned i have a couple code most relating to it been 57 plate but 2 codes that do stand out is are particulate trap bank 1 and turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit (my mechanic said that could be the actuator) but on phone to a company about getting my turbo rebuilt said its very very rare actuators go (his words was hes been rebuilding turbos for 20+ years and never came across a faulty actuator) so could anyone shine a light for me i have already done oil/filter change thanks in advance

Last edited:

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
White smoke from a diesel is unburnt fuel going straight through. Overfuelling from faulty or mis-timed injectors usually, although potentially low compression.

Reactions: farleys01
Oct 8, 2021
White smoke from a diesel is unburnt fuel going straight through. Overfuelling from faulty or mis-timed injectors usually, although potentially low compression.
i do have a glow plug light on dash could that be anything to do with it

Lottie Davies’x

Oct 7, 2020
West Midlands
I had white smoke with a slight blue color coming out my FR CR 170 and the turbo had gone. The smoke wasn't constant and the smell was really chemically. Might be worth checking on your turbo.

Oct 8, 2021
I had white smoke with a slight blue color coming out my FR CR 170 and the turbo had gone. The smoke wasn't constant and the smell was really chemically. Might be worth checking on your turbo.
the smoke coming out of my fr is white but not thick you can still see through it and it only smokes at full throttle i already have a replacement turbo just not got the time to put it in i do also have a broken centre pipe and someone did say that with that it could be telling the car theres to much air so ecu could be dumping more fuel in to compensate but the car dont seem to fly through diesel

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Can’t you just ignore the smoke and the lack of power like you have on the other faults?

Oct 8, 2021
Can’t you just ignore the smoke and the lack of power like you have on the other faults?
i haven't ignored any other faults i have on my car im currently not driving it i took it off the road immediately its parked in my garage because its my dream car i dont want it to be badly damaged by been stupid and driving it when clearly there is something wrong with it if it was a car that i wasnt that bothered about then id say f it and drive it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise