Why connect as primary user?

Volt

May 2, 2021
This is applicable to a number of different VAG models I guess.

We just took delivery of a new VW T-Cross for my wife and in it was a leaflet about setting up the Connect thing using both keys and setting yourself as the primary user.

I’ve noticed this same thing mentioned on this forum so I know there is the same kind of thing for the Cupra, although I didn’t get any instructions about it when I got the Formentor so I just switch the car on and it all works.

My question is what is the benefit, if any, to doing this Connect thing?

Nov 18, 2021
Yes, it's the same for Seat models with infotainment. You need both keys to set up the user in the car.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Volt

May 2, 2021
Yes, it's the same for Seat models with infotainment. You need both keys to set up the user in the car.

Ok but why? What’s the point of it?

What does it do when you set that up that it doesn’t do when you don’t and you just turn the car on?

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
You can connect the app and use some of the functionality there.......when it works!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
The car remembers some of the settings if you are a primary user. For example how you set up your infotainment, etc. I also think that the radio stations are remember on user basis.

Not sure if it happens if you are not a primary user.

Nov 18, 2021
Yes, it applies your settings when you type your pin, like radio stations, air conditioning, and so on.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
As I am the only user of my car I told the dealer to not turn any of the CUPRA connect guff on, at the same time as disabling KESSY too. I have had my car over a year now and have not had a problem with anything and the car drives great.

Last edited:

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I think the stuff like live traffic depends on it. And perhaps ota updates.

I turned it off however and just use guest because I got sick of the car actually just selecting the guest account anyway when I got in and then not wanting to switch to primary, meaning any customized settings weren't available. So I just saved all settings as guest and I take the hit that some things aren't available as a result.

tetrad

Mar 25, 2021
I chose not to set up any of the primary user, or set up App and kept it on max privacy settings. Has worked super well for me, no infotainment issues and no IT headaches sapping valuable time. Use my phone for real time traffic - agree with the sentiment that there is not much value for me in the IT stuff and happy that I avoid it all.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.