Why Couldnt SEAT have done that

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No need to imagine, it's the same engine.

VW have just tweaked it to deliver a little more power. SEAT were more than likely tied to a lower power configuration by the parent company. ;)

No doubt the tuning companies will in due course provide a suitable power increase for the SEAT's too.

It would also be a good candidate for a Cupra R version of the Ibiza. R having made a recent resurgence with the announcement of the Leon Cupra R

Poverty

polo gti quicker than golf gti I doubt. I bet it will be 180hp at most like the cupra.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
very true, an R version would make sense, the ol' hanstring of the parent company wanting the best tech for themselves, but if they can get over 260bhp from the engine then there is hope for Corsa VXR beater (in a straight line that is)

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
The Polo GTi will have the 1.4 engine (same as the FR and Cupra) with 180hp and standard 7-speed DSG.
They cannot produce more HP due to the torque limitation DSG has (255nm). However, the DSG has its own ECU which can be remaped to accept more power. SEAT offers remmaps for the new FR/Cupra (i asked my dealer, but he told me to wait so i can get it cheaper) and other companies (Revo, unitronic...) will offer software until next year. The power then increases to about 210hp ++

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
from what they are saying they MIGHT be offering a 6 speed manual as well.

I'll be honest i know jack about the DSG system so i didnt relise that it has its own ECU, would make sense as you say to remapp that as well. I dont think the remapp is something SEAT UK are offering however, as ever i could be wrong.

I do think that they should have put a bit more power into the cupra version as its performance is very similar to the FR's.

I have now seen my first MK5 Cupra or bocanegra today, it was on the back of a car transporter on the way to either storage or the dealer. Does anybody know if SEAT store their cars in bedford, im always seeing transporters stuffed to the gills with different cars around town.

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
In the car show in Frankfurt the ST ibiza was reveled which had the 1.4 tsi 180ps and A MANUAL GEARBOX.

The dsg can also be remmaped to accept more power. The golf 1.4 dsg can handle 320nm and 210ps +.
Also, seat has performance software available but it has to be ordered for the specific car and it costs about 1500 €. My dealer here in greece told me to wait some time so i can get cheaper and without a special order.