Why is my ride height so wrong!??

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Recently (about 3 weeks ago) fitted the AP suspension kit to my cupra. 40mm front drop, 30mm rear. So why is the front soooooo much higher? About 40mm difference! Venom have confirmed the part numbers are correct and they should take 200 miles to settle (done more than 3 times that). I also fitted LCR top mounts at the same time.

QjSkTdK.jpg

Front:

HUb45hE.jpg

Rear:
EEAVOLl.jpg

Any advice gratefully received

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Shocks aren’t fully seated in the hub.

you need to slacken off hub bolt split hub and get them properly seated. I have made this mistake before

Reactions: Cuppyjoe

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Shocks aren’t fully seated in the hub.

you need to slacken off hub bolt split hub and get them properly seated. I have made this mistake before

That's interesting, thanks. I'm off to the garage that fitted them today so I will ask them about this.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
That's interesting, thanks. I'm off to the garage that fitted them today so I will ask them about this.
If you take wheel off and have a look at where the shock seats into the hub and take a picture then could possibly tell from photo

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Garage reckon they have to be fully seated but will have a look today. It's in for something else.

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Appreciate the input. Think I might leave it for a few weeks now as it's doing my head in. Maybe put some shorted springs on the front at some point

anni25pd

Jul 23, 2012
glasgow/ayrshire
Something ain't right with those front springs..... On a damper & spring set up the front 3/4 coils of the spring are compressed I. E sitting on top of one another .
Your picture seems more like its jacked?

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Something ain't right with those front springs..... On a damper & spring set up the front 3/4 coils of the spring are compressed I. E sitting on top of one another .
Your picture seems more like its jacked?

Took that when it was on the ramp

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Possibly wrong weight loading of spring. Maybe somehow got springs weighted for a 2.0l diesel or something.

if installation is bang on then can only be the springs

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ignoring the back end all together, is the front end lower than it was?
New shocks?

Last edited:

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Only thing i can think of is measuring new and old shocks between the lower spring cup and bottom of the shock. Longer legs?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.