Wideband gauge and sensor

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
As above... Where have you all bought your wideband gauges from? And how much? Looking to buy one soon as possible..

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Cheers guys,

Ordered yesterday. Will hopefully receive it this week.. Any tips on fitting? Or is it just as simple as I assume?

Where is the best place to have the sensor in the exhaust?
Any pics of where anyone used?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
close to turbo will keep its response quick. too far away and its temp will be lower and its response a little slower

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Think mines 16inches aways

Which is oppisit the 1st lambda

I received it today.. Just need to get the bung welded in and fit it all... Also received a fuel pressure test kit and a compression tester kit..

The install instructions say 18 inches at least and if running a turbo then at least 36 inches away and before the cat.... Hmmm I'm pretty sure there isn't 20 inch of pipe before the cat let alone 36.

If 16 is opposite no1 lambda then surely that's as far as it can be away??

Can't wait to get this on.. Need to get to the bottom of my injectors maxing out before fitting my fmic and bits... Then it's 3 inch decat and k03s time!!!

Last edited:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
The injectors are showing 110+% idc at 5100rpm so something's amiss, no revving past 4.5k in the mean time..

the wideband is my future engine insurance haha

I like to keep an eye on it, these cars can be rather bugging sometimes.. But hell it still puts a smile on my face!

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
The injectors are showing 110+% idc at 5100rpm so something's amiss, no revving past 4.5k in the mean time..

I like to keep an eye on it, these cars can be rather bugging sometimes as you know!! But hell it still puts a smile on my face!

Edit: weird double post instead of edit!! Stupid tapatalk!!

Last edited:

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage

I like to keep an eye on it, these cars can be rather bugging sometimes.. But hell it still puts a smile on my face!

I had this problem since fitting ko3s

Fitted lcr fuel pump since & hope this will fix that

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Have you had car mapped since fitting 4bar regulator & S3 pump?

When I bought it, it was stg 1 revo with a 4 bar regulator, 2.5 years ago.

a few months back had noticed the pump taking longer to prime and getting noisy so got an s3 pump to replace it. Felt better since fitment.

Until a few weeks ago i was overtaking, as you do, and noticed a drop in power at 5k rpm ish... Logged next chance I had and found the injectors idc were sky high by 5k so now I have a wideband ready to be fitted when my 3 inch dp arrives, will stick that on the car and hook up the fuel pressure tester and take it a run... and will get to the bottom of it... Hope it's a simple one to fix...but I doubt it will be!

If the pump I recently bought is failing I won't be best pleased!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.