Wierd noise when put in reverse

Klimaxx

Mar 25, 2023
Hello recently bought a seat ibiza st 2013 1.2 tsi, i tested everything before buying but never drove in reverse so now im stuck with this lol… https://youtube.com/shorts/7tiSzX12_-A?feature=share

Anyone know what the problem could be if someone had the same issue

the buzzing comes only when in the reverse gear and keeps buzzing for like 15-30 sec from the passanger side and then stops but if you change gear and put it back in reverse it starts again for 15-30 sec all over again.
I really cant figure out if its coming from the enginebay or from under the car.

Would appreciate some help if someone had this in the past

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
buzzing doesn't sound like a common fault due to maybe a release bearing, binding clutch, or other common fault. Can you post a sound file so we can all listen to it? Could it be due to the exhaust vibrating against something? - just a guess, probably not.

Sorry I missed that you'd posted that. I've no idea what it is, doesn't sound like anything mechanically serious though, more like a panel or fixing vibrating. I think you need a helper with good hearing to move around and try to locate the sound while you work the clutch and gear lever.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Strange one! Does it do it when the engine is not running but with the ignition on? That would rule out anything mechanical. Sounds like it could be a relay maybe. A lot of cars have relays and fuses behind the glove box on the passenger side.

Reactions: Crossthreaded

Klimaxx

Mar 25, 2023
Seems to be the recirculation fan motor, did read somewherw that Vw has automatic recirculation when reversing so that exhaust doesnt enter the car via the fans inside. Turned off the AC and put on recirculation air when in idle and the same sound came from the glove box.

Reactions: RUM4MO
Apr 10, 2023
Weird one! Does this happen when the engine is turned off but the key is in the ignition? That rules out any mechanical explanations. Perhaps a relay is to blame for that noise. The relays and fuses for many cars are located behind the glove box on the passenger side. monkey mart

Klimaxx

Mar 25, 2023
Weird one! Does this happen when the engine is turned off but the key is in the ignition? That rules out any mechanical explanations. Perhaps a relay is to blame for that noise. The relays and fuses for many cars are located behind the glove box on the passenger side. monkey mart
FC6E90E9-7F5D-4ABD-9D86-D752CA4062E8.png
FC6E90E9-7F5D-4ABD-9D86-D752CA4062E8.png

This was the issue, its controlls a flat plastic thingy that closes the freshair into the car.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Strange one! Does it do it when the engine is not running but with the ignition on? That would rule out anything mechanical. Sounds like it could be a relay maybe. A lot of cars have relays and fuses behind the glove box on the passenger side.
I think someone is taking the piss :mad:

See ths thread too: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/data-plan-notification.472454/#post-5031625

Glad you've sorted it though Klimaxx (y)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.