Will a VW RCD310 radio work in a seat rather than a Seat RCD 510 ?

MarkTDI

Feb 19, 2018
East Yorkshire
Might be a daft question I know.

I have a 10 reg Altea XL with the standard crappy Grundig I think it is radio, I hate the radio.

There are many VW RCD310 on ebay, will that work with my Seat as I don't like the red display of the Seat RCD310 ?

Thanks for any help.

(Thread title has an error, should say Seat RCD310 not 510)

Last edited:

Icarus83

Jul 5, 2017
I believe so, I'm about to fit an RCD310 from a facelift Altea XL to my 57 plate Freetrack (mod has been successfully done before). Other feasible options are the RCD210 and RCD510, and you can mix and match which car each one comes from. The VW white on black dot matrix comes with red backlight to the buttons if I recall correctly and is my favourite, but I went for an OEM looking Seat Altea version. The Skoda kit has green backlights.

The only limitations are that you need to also purchase a DAB antenna if you buy a DAB version, and you'll need the security code to unlock the new stereo on your car.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

MarkTDI

Feb 19, 2018
East Yorkshire
I did buy an RCD310 on ebay, the VW version with black display with white text and it looks great, I will install it today and see if I can get everything working as I also needed to order an antenna cable that has just arrived in the post so I will get on with it.
will post pictures and links when I can.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.