Will it damage my CAT?

a1.gaz

My V5 has started to get a misfire. The obvious choice was to change the ignition coil pack (£130) but unfortunately this has not worked. The next obvious choice is the Ignition control module. Seat want £266 +VAT (robbing gits) but I have managed to source a generic version for £95. The only problem is that I cannot get part until Wednesday and because I need to use the car it has an awful smell of unburnt fuel and rotten eggs. Does anyone know if this will damage the CAT if I keep using it. Thanks in advance!

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Certainly will mate, can't you get vagcom on it?

How do you know if you changed the right coilpack?

£130 for a coilpack seems awfy dear :confused:

a1.gaz

Mine is a 99 Toledo 10valve which has all 5 coils built into one solid block unlike the newer ones which are seperate. Vagcom does not produce any fault codes :(

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Ah right damn :(

Well I would certainly avoid driving it until it's fixed mate because the smell is a sure sign of unburned fuel sitting in the CAT. When my coilpack went I was lucky the garage was only about a couple of mile up the road and even then I drove it very slowly. Is it in limp mode?

a1.gaz

Hooray!!!!! I got my car back :) SEAT want £266 +VAT for a new Ignition Control Module but found a new 3rd party one for £92 and works a treat. Thanks for all your help!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise