willoughby seat?

joe_cupra

has any1 ever know seat willoughby to have your pants down,my car went in for a service today,and the receptionist said the words "awfully expensive" to me,she asked if any work had been done to the top of the engine,as somethings not right-although its running sweet. there keepin the car ova the weekend wiv no courtesy car to offer,rate naffed off wiv em.
and can any1 tell me if you put an apr chip in do you have to play around wiv anythin else to get ya 200bhp and also do they need to be soldered or is it just a plug in job?
cheeeers.
Joe

sted

random wierdo
i think hes saying hes taken his modded car into the dealer to have it serviced and they have said the top end of engine is damaged he than asks how to fit a mod chip (which if hes already fitted it makes me think someones done a half assed job of chipping the car) and depending what car hes got 200brake is optomistic / a good way to damage an engine

joe_cupra

ill try and make it easier for you to understand.. has anyone ever been skanked at seat willoughby, nottingham? the car is standard and in my opinion running fine,seat are saying theres something wrong with the top of the engine,(i think they mean the head..) and its gonna cost me 2 arms and a leg to fix,surely if its running nice it cant be that serious..
the chip was a different subject!
hope thats made it easier for you to understand lads,if not i will try and simplify it more 4 ya!
Joe

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Well if you have taken your car into them and it's all running ok I would have wanted to know whats wrong with it(if they are going to charge you?)

Did they not give you an indication as to what the problem is?

joe_cupra

no,i only spoke to the service receptionist and she didnt know her arse from her tit so i was stuffed,she said she will ring me monday when they know more and with a price. but theyve got me by the bollocks really they could say its anything..
n yeh i will be paying for it.

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Not being funny but if you say the car was fine when you left it why/how is there something wrong with it?

If it were my car I would be back down ther wanting to know whats wrong with it :)

BTW willoughby DO have a section on this site ;)

Maybe they will reply to this thread :D

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
the underlying question is why they think theres something wrong,and why they picked this up on a service,tell them from the off ,that they are not to carry out any further work without consent and a at least telling you what is wrong with the head/top of the engine.
and i thought APR was serial port inputed these days,and maybe always have been for the last few years,either way don't get any work done,get your apr dealer to have a look first,usually a freebee

surfo

Leon Cupra 1.8T GT3071R
Jul 13, 2004
www.xmsports.com.mx
Weird... is Ecu problem? or something?.. there can be Soldered or Remaped APR chips... and they DON´t Cause problems to the engine heads or any other parts... that´s really weird.

joe_cupra

the chip was a different issue all together it is not chipped,ive been offered a cheap apr chip,just also wanted to know if it had to be set up or is it just a matter of soldering it in..
as for seat they picked it up on the vagcom by the sound of it.. and they wont be taking out any further work until they ring me with prices on monday,and my say so, as they didnt get round to finishing it basically..

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
On the David Dickenson ("Cheap as Chips" geddit?) - I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. AFAIK it woul mean taking out your ECU, opening it, de-soldering your OE chip and resoldering in the APR one. If it's exactly the right chip for your ECU. Even the pros sometimes have problems with this. If it goes tits-up it'll cost you a fortune...

On your car issue, it sounds like Willoughby's think they may have found something with your car that could be serious. How would you have felt if you'd have taken the car away yesterday and it went bang in a big way? It might be nothing, but it might be something serious and all dealers will want to cover their arse.

I've taken my car there in the past, and while I'm sure they've had disgruntled customers in the past (just like any shop/garage/business), I wouldn't say they were crooks - in fact far from it ;) and done me all sorts of favours ("oh, while it's in could you..." type of stuff that they've not charged for).

Last edited:

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
lol so to cut a long sotry short, you should go down and ask to speak to a techie and ask him whats going on ;) i rarely take what they say at the desk to be true.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members