willoughby seat?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Yep, tell them you want the techie to show you whats up. He'll explain it to you properly, he'll even show you whats up.

Having worked in the motor trade, I know that techs can only report what they see. Techs have no need to skank you, they're paid on salary plus a small bonus and the chances of the same techie fixing it is very unlikely indeed.

You can't shout at them when something might actually be up.

joe_cupra

its not as simple as just viewing it,as im 25miles away, obviously without a car,and complications with work.

spoke to seat today anyway, they have spent quite a bit of time diagnosing it as there is problems with the ecu,corrosion,which is sending allsorts of messages to the vagcom(circuit problems),they want to know how far i actually want them to go with it as its costing me 60quid per hour plus vat,but they have no idea how long it could take or if thats 100% the cause.

anyway..tomorrow ive asked them to clean the ecu and loom up and see if it helps,if not shes coming home,ive been told this will not harm the car,the only things that need sorting are the fan which keeps coming on and off and the speedo which stops and starts as it pleases.are corroded looms and ecu's a common problem with the ibiza 20vt?

cheers
Joe