Window Tinting?

excaliber20vT

cool, i may go for 355 all round then with some kinda sun strip!!!! pics to follow................

Last edited by a moderator:

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
I have mine done dark on the back window and a medium on the passenger doors etc it looks good it sort of blends in from back to front!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
My understanding is that the fronts only just let through 70% light as it is so any tint you put on there makes them illigal and voids your insurance?

The crow

Jun 27, 2007
is ilegal, but in my country, Venezuela, i dont have problem whit this. The insegurity its huge . The Black window give me more security.

Feb 24, 2010
London
Hello guys, got a leon mk1 2004 plate in black, thinking to get it tinted, anyone had theirs tinted in london? any pics? prices? and recomendations of where to do it? maybe what film is best to use ? Thanks

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
you only need to post in one thread buddy; it brings them to the top of the section for all to see so no need to post the same thing in 3 places :)

Feb 24, 2010
London
Phil's old car.

When I looked into getting mine done recently cheapest quotes were around £140

I take it you havent done it yet? the thing is, price does matter to me, however, the quality is more important to me, of the job aswel as the film, i have seen many cars done where their windows are loosing colour and going purple or have lots of air bubles around the sides on the back windows if you get what i mean.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I take it you havent done it yet? the thing is, price does matter to me, however, the quality is more important to me, of the job aswel as the film, i have seen many cars done where their windows are loosing colour and going purple or have lots of air bubles around the sides on the back windows if you get what i mean.

yea, I didn't get mine done in the end, had more pressing things to spend money on! The rear quarter window and rear windscreen on the Leons have the dot matrix border which makes tinting more difficult. I'd suggest googling for reviews of a few different tinting shops near you and see what peoples experiences are?

Feb 24, 2010
London
yea, I didn't get mine done in the end, had more pressing things to spend money on! The rear quarter window and rear windscreen on the Leons have the dot matrix border which makes tinting more difficult. I'd suggest googling for reviews of a few different tinting shops near you and see what peoples experiences are?

Yeah matrix border thats what it is, well will do more research on it , the more information i gather the better, as i dont want to get it done and then be disapointed with it.. i got qutes from two places, one is £220 and they say they take more time and concentrate on the matrix bit to make sure they remove as much air as possible, and the other was £150 but they diddnt say anything about the matrix boarder.. But yeah, thanks for the reply, will do a bit more research and let you know how i gt on!

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
I'm looking at tints for the rear any one no how much people charge only getting mine done cos of the lil one plus every thing on the car is going black soon

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.