Window tints

A23_TSi

My seat is suffering from the fishbowl syndrome, so does anyone know where I could go to get my windows tinted in Manchester/Oldham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
O right, never noticed. I got my rears tinted last week. Thinking of getting the fronts done as well but only light smoke just to blend it in a bit

:confused: rears are already tinted well they are in an FR anyway
As for fronts they have to let in a certain amount of light and coppers do carry light meters to measure it with once saw a flash git in a white Range Rover at the side of the road ripping off his front window tint before he was let on his way :D

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
:confused: rears are already tinted well they are in an FR anyway

As for fronts they have to let in a certain amount of light and coppers do carry light meters to measure it with once saw a flash git in a white Range Rover at the side of the road ripping off his front window tint before he was let on his way :D

I don't have an FR. I've got an SE (no tints at all ).

I know it's illegal to tint the fronts but if it's only light tints they won't really notice. It's a risk but I've got loads of mates that have never been pulled over for it.

A23_TSi

I found ONE well established company in Oldham and they are asking for £170 for the front and rear windows... Is this worth it?

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I found ONE well established company in Oldham and they are asking for £170 for the front and rear windows... Is this worth it?

Sounds decent, I got my rears for £100 but that was through a friend so mates rates. My usual quotes were around £130 for the rears so £170 all the way round sounds good

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I don't have an FR. I've got an SE (no tints at all ).

I know it's illegal to tint the fronts but if it's only light tints they won't really notice. It's a risk but I've got loads of mates that have never been pulled over for it.

I've got an SE with tinted rears, but it's still like an oven whenever the sun comes out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Factory fitted option on the SC I think. Can't find my brochure to check.

AC works fine. I've had 2 FRs before this, both with tints all round. I think that's why I'm noticing the difference.

Mine is also an SC. Ahh I see, it was a optional extra. Yeah I never added that. I wonder how much they would of been from Seat

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Generally the front windows of cars come out of the factory letting about 80% of natural light through so you can only get a very light after market tint done to comply with the law. Back windows can be as dark as you want.

A23_TSi

Thank you all for your input. Who here has ever taken off their tint themselves

Rickycupra

Dec 31, 2012
Yeovil
No tint on the fronts, unless you can find the perforated stuff that cheats the light gauge the police use. I tried my luck with light smoked but eventually had to rip them out.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.