Windscreen Wipers

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Hi all,

Need some new wipers for the car (Thinking front and rear) and getting some conflicting results on the searches. Just wondering if anyone has changed theirs and can give some guidance please?

Euro car parts lists them as the Bosch A556S but another website lists them as the A350S so not sure which ones to go for

Any advice would be much appreciated!

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
im not sure of the model youll need, but i used carparts4less which is eurocarparts sister site to find my wipers. i purchased the bosch ones they recommended and the size was identical to what i already had

Reactions: k9aoc1 and Shaady

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies.

Put the reg into Eurocar parts and it gave me the model numbers, checked Amazon and they are well under half the price even with the Eurocar parts discount code. Couple of days for delivery but not the end of the world.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I recently bought a set of Bosch Aerotwin wipers for my VW from Amazon seller B and B Componnents. They were just under £17 and postage was free - quite a bit cheaper than I’d seen them anywhere else. They arrived the day after I ordered them, so very good service, especially as I didn’t pay for express delivery.

I know the old original (Valeo?) wipers were worn, but the Aerotwins do seem to perform better than I remember the Valeos did when they were new - no judder or smears and completely silent in operation.

Last edited:

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
I recently bought a set of Bosch Aerotwin wipers for my VW from Amazon seller B and B Componnents. They were just under £17 and postage was free - quite a bit cheaper than I’d seen them anywhere else. They arrived the day after I ordered them, so very good service, especially as I didn’t pay for express delivery.

I know the old original (Valeo?) wipers were worn, but the Aerotwins do seem to perform better than I remember the Valeos did when they were new - no judder or smears and completely silent in operation.

Thats exactly the same seller I got mine from in the end, got the dispatch notice about half an hour later so all good. Hope they dont try and deliver tomorrow though, got them delivered to the office because it said Wednesday next week. Am sure they'll still turn up though!

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Have just changed mine 2 mins ago, these below for about 26 quid on EBay, fit perfectly, the correct size and the rear blade doesn't judder anymore.
20190126_113647.jpg

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'm a convert to Veleo.

I started off using Champion blades years ago, back in the metal frame days. Then I realised they'd made the metal frame out of thinner metal which opened up and made the blades loose. I switched to Bosch.

I found they seemed to worked great out of the box and I was happy enough with them. I first bought Veleo blades because I needed blades and that's what my local shop had. I found that they work as well as Bosch but last a lot longer. Very good blades.

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Check the sizes carefully - I got some from Eurocarparts, using my reg number to filter the “correct” ones and chose Bosch but realised after fitting that the drivers was 24” not 26”. Was very annoyed but couldn’t be bothered to take it back. It’s only an inch either side but the swept area is narrower.

hepy

Aug 20, 2017
I fitted the Bosch ones recently, doddle to fit and were the same price as other makes.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Quick update because I thought it might be useful.

Got the A556S front blades yesterday and fitted them. They are miles better than the ones that came on the car (not sure of that is just because they are new) but they also feel much chunkier and sturdier then the old ones.

It also turns out as mentioned before that they are a bit shorter than the ones that came off the car. But the packaging does say they are compatible and they fit well, there is just a tiny amount less sweep area than before, though it really is very minor so the 350S might be the exact fit.

Replaced the rear wiper too, no more judder!