Wiper motor needed!

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Well the :censored:'s that fitted my new windscreen a few months ago crossthreaded the passenger side wiper arm onto the linkage [:@]went to remove it today to get at the top bolts to lower my suspension and it fell apart :cry:
So i now need a new passenger side linkage,which i believe incorperates its own sided motor?
So does anyone have a part-no or know where to get one of these? (obviously main dealer is the obvious place) but just checking my other avenues first!
Thanks for any help.Paul :)

hanxslf

try EBAY mate
TYPE the item number below into the search bar on ebay's home page, it's for an OSF wiper motor and linkage

I would compare a dealers price against it if i were you

Last edited by a moderator:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
try EBAY mate
TYPE the item number below into the search bar on ebay's home page, it's for an OSF wiper motor and linkage

I would compare a dealers price against it if i were you

Thanks hangslf! But its the nearside one i need! :)
When you say compare a dealer price,will it be a lot more or not far off that price :confused:

hanxslf

Thanks hangslf! But its the nearside one i need! :)
When you say compare a dealer price,will it be a lot more or not far off that price :confused:

probably be more i would expect, but not all things on ebay are a bargain, many goods can be had cheaper if you do some web surfing

It might be worth emailing the seller on ebay to see if he has the NS one

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
probably be more i would expect, but not all things on ebay are a bargain, many goods can be had cheaper if you do some web surfing

It might be worth emailing the seller on ebay to see if he has the NS one

Yep,tried a good few searches,but can't find a new one listed yet :cry:
Thanks for the tips :)

toledo399

The wiper motor and the crank assembly come as separate parts. The crank assemblies part numbers are: 5PO 955 601B left and 5PO 955 602A right. The price list I have is a little out of date but at a guess the cost of either crank assembly is around £150. In view of this the earlier suggestion to source a secondhand unit from ebay is probably your best bet.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
The wiper motor and the crank assembly come as separate parts. The crank assemblies part numbers are: 5PO 955 601B left and 5PO 955 602A right. The price list I have is a little out of date but at a guess the cost of either crank assembly is around £150. In view of this the earlier suggestion to source a secondhand unit from ebay is probably your best bet.

:cry: :headhurt: Oh well,a day ringing the breakers on Monday for me then!
Cheers.Paul [B)]

drummer.gavin

Feb 11, 2009
Dublin
Check out Traynors in Nothern Ireland, as far as I know they are parting out four Alteas at the moment.
I think they will post out units.....I can't post a link at the minute cause I havn't posted enough!!
You will find em on google....hope this helps
Gavin

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Check out Traynors in Nothern Ireland, as far as I know they are parting out four Alteas at the moment.
I think they will post out units.....I can't post a link at the minute cause I havn't posted enough!!
You will find em on google....hope this helps
Gavin

Thanks Gavin,that could be really usefull!
Really great of you guys to find all this out for me! :)

drummer.gavin

Feb 11, 2009
Dublin
The turbo is going in my car and I was checking them out to possibly get a complete engine, the guy said they were breaking four of them but he didn't think they had any diesels. :(
On their website it does say they are breaking four of them, hopefully you will find the wiper motor, also see if they have front wiper blades as they are expensive for the Altea, might be a handy thing to have!!!

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
I tried a dealer who said he had one in at £67 so i thought not a bad price! This turned out to be just the replacement arm [:@]
But at least it fixed it i suppose :)

egroover

Nov 18, 2008
Hello mate

was wondering howw you got on with the wiper linkage problem? I have exactly the same problem (stripped the thread on the near side wiper arm spindle) and it looks like I need a replacement wiper arm linkage/crank arm.
Did you get anywhere sourcing a replacement ? Howmuch/where..any tips would be very much appreciated
Anyone else have any more info...I've had a very bad day with this - please help?
Also got a link to the breakers in N.Ireland anyone

Many thanks all

Cheers

ps also can you give me a quick guide on fitting the new linkage if you ended up doing this - Cheers!!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.