Wireless Charging Pad and USB

Landofsnow

Sep 6, 2020
Will it spoilt the phone if I place it on the charging pad and connect to the USB port for Android Auto?

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Will it spoilt the phone if I place it on the charging pad and connect to the USB port for Android Auto?
I think it depends on the phone you have.
I have a Galaxy S9 and when connected using a cable, it is not charging using the wireless pad when I place it in the tray area.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Landofsnow

Sep 6, 2020
I think it depends on the phone you have.
I have a Galaxy S9 and when connected using a cable, it is not charging using the wireless pad when I place it in the tray area.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks! I just ordered the car yesterday.

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
Funnily enough when mine is initially connected with a cable and then I put it in the tray, it then says it's charging wirelessly.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member

Suspect if it's a wireless charging phone it's clever enough to know it's also getting a charge from the cable. I put my old HTC not wireless charging one on the pad with the USB cable, no issues. I use to worry about it being zapped :unsure:.

Tell

Staff member
No, not the facelift edition.
There is only 1 variant in Singapore.
Crystal Black.

Is that with the standard infotainment like Yanivkoval's ?. Not the high unit with Jukebox on the Media button ?. It might be the availability of the cartography that dictates what they put on these units although the Australian one had the mib2 standard as well. All the European sold Ateca Cupra's have the high unit.

Landofsnow

Sep 6, 2020
Is that with the standard infotainment like Yanivkoval's ?. Not the high unit with Jukebox on the Media button ?. It might be the availability of the cartography that dictates what they put on these units although the Australian one had the mib2 standard as well. All the European sold Ateca Cupra's have the high unit.

I have not collected my car yet. How do I tell if mine is a standard infotainment?

Tell

Staff member
I have not collected my car yet. How do I tell if mine is a standard infotainment?

Several simple tests. If you press the media button on the infotainment and it does not show the Jukebox as a media option with the SD slots it's a standard. With maps showing and no map card in the SD slots it's a high. The maps are stored on an SD card on a mib2 standard found in the SD slot. On inbuilt memory on a high, the spare memory is used as somewhere to play media from as well, called the Jukebox which you find on the Media button.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members