Wiring front door component speakers

Karmacarzi

Anybody installed an amplified set of components in the front doors of their Mk2 Ibiza / Cordoba?

How did you get on threading new wires in to the doors / wiring plug and harness. I've got all the carpets and sound deadening up at the moment and I don't want to cut into the factory speaker loom if I can aviod it, so i was going to dis connect that all together, but running new wires into the doors seems impossible thanks to the plug in connector block on the A-pillar. I'm guessing it's possible to remove the dash side A-pillar connector and run the new wires from my amp (in the boot) to the existing plug in white terminal thing. Have i missed something here, or does this sound about right?

Cheers peeps

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
It does sound right. When i put component speakers in my ibiza i just cut the factory wiring and used block connectors. I didn't really want to go doing re-wiring and that. If i sell the car i will just connect the factory wiring back together with block connectors.

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
Its very fiddly but you can cut out part of the plastic in the centre of the white plastic connector block and run new wiring through the existing rubber boot. Use good quality thin cable such as QED silver anniversary or micro - often for sale on Fleabay at much better prices than the cheapo 79 strand stuff Halfrauds et al sell. Best to mount the crossovers in the dash somewhere to keep them out of the damp.

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
i put a drill through the connection block and run cables through it mate!

torquesport

Lets Torque Diesel
Jan 19, 2008
Stone, Staffordshire
its not that hard to do ive got them in my car but im not using existing wiring im using a couple of vibe crossover networks for my powered door and tweeters on door pillars

Linkian

neva want the ride to end
Sep 11, 2007
Portsmouth
ive noticed that my right hand side is more quiter if not no sound at all, i think it jus might be the wiring is naffed.

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
im gunna get some components and 6x9's soon....

does anyone know how big the components are, that are already in (stock) so i know how big to buy? or whats an ideal size for them???

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.