Wiring the Seat Ibiza...?

saj121

Well hi there people,
got my driving test soon, wish me luck...
got a Seat ibiza V reg hand me down, bought some bits and bobs for it..

What i had in mind is to power another stereo under the steering wheel as i searched and read through the forum.

What i couldnt find is how to wire it down to the steering wheel...

Could someone give me a brief guide / explaination to how to split the power from the standard head unit and wire it to the steering wheel.

Come on you guys! Everyone on this forum rules!

Fixed loads of stuff using the forum!!
Still got a problem with the central locking..but ill fix that later!

Thanks so much!

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
i'd put a dedicated power down there, and just run the speakers and a remote cable to it :)

new power cable with a fuse in it
a ground cable
the remote cable split from the current SEAT headunit and then an iso adapter for the speakers

antnee

The standard head unit has normal ISO connectors to it

headunit.jpg

*pic borrowed from the 'how to put a din size headunit in a mk3 guide' on SCN mainpage

saj121

Whats the SCN page,

and also whats a remote cable?

Could you give me a few pointers on how to run the cable?

thanks..

sorry im really new to wiring ! total n00b!

thanks for the help

saj121

So where would i get the secondary ISO clip from?
just looking through it..

thanks for you help by the way

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
if you buy an aftermarket headunit,. they sometimes come with an iso adapter, or you may need to buy one from halfords, or a shop like that.

i would run a dedicated power and ground cable straight from the battery, with a fuse in the power cable. i wouldn't share it from the original headunit

so thats the two main cables you need. then from a wiring diagram of the headunit (theres one on the main page on this site i'm sure) find where the remote cable is on the back of the headunit, and feed another cable off there for the new headunit..

the remote cable turns the stereo on when you turn the key in the ignition.

then unplug the current speaker cables in the iso block on the back of the headunit into the new headunit. you may need to extend the wires though, as they might not be long enough.

you will need to buy an adapter for the aerial as well, but that can be picked up from halfords or a similar shop.

i hope this helps :S

20 valve ted

boorrrrm ttsssshhhh
Jul 22, 2007
huddersfield
i just sniped all speaker wires used crimp lugs to join them all with wire then joined other end to new lead. for power i just doubled up, the old head unit will be drawing very little current without the stereo running just leaves the display working. also iv used existing aerial managed to get enough length on it.

saj121

thanks people!

got the thing out, trying to figure out where what goes atm..
im doubling on the power..

gotta get it fixed tommorow first, then ill start wiring.
it keeps randomly turning on! sending it off, found a guy off fleabay!

got myself a radio from aldi , USB SD/MMC CD RDS sub out, amp rca aswell. £30! have a look im sure they got plenty in the local areas!

Thanks once again! ill take some pix once i start the job!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise