WJ King Seat - Sidcup - aircon mess

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
I seemed to be suffering from quite a common problem with the aircon failing in my Ibiza FR.

Working near Sidcup I booked the car in to WJ King for a warranty repair.

After having the car for a day they worked out that the condenser needed replacing and there was a gas leek. Parts were put on order and I had to return to have them fitted.

On returning to have the aircon fixed they then managed to produce a fluid leek which they also had to order parts for to fix this new problem. I think they had the car for a bout 4 days to rectify this.

Then on picking up the car when all was “fixed”, I soon noticed that the aircon was totally out of wack as the vents were pumping out cold instead of hot and some vents not working at all.

So… booked it in for the 3rd time to have this looked at. They reset the aircon motors which sorted out most of the problems but admitted the footwell vents had not been put back since the previous work they did and had now lost them. These now had to be put on order.

Getting a little fed up with this now, they appear to be creating more problems than they are fixing.

To fix a condenser problem they have produced a leek, wacky airvents, and losing the foot vents.

The service desk person Steve seems a nice enough bloke and they have always given me a loan car, but I’m really not sure about the quality of the work going on behind the scenes.

Would have been nice to have it all fixed properly and put back to together properly the first time, not needing 4 visits.

Last edited:

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Latest update,

Hopefully all the aircon is working now since being in for the 4th time to finally get the feet vents they left off last time fitted.

Sadly I received a call last night, the day before the car was going in, to say the courtesy car I had been waiting a few weeks for wasn’t available.

Overall I'm far from happy with the service i got from WJ King Sidcup, the service desk people were polite but this was totally let down by the work carried out in the garage.

I though it was interesting that while I was waiting for my car another customer came straight back after picking up her car to say some of her plastic had not been fitted back into place properly. Seems im not the only one.

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
I find Steve the service guy really nice, even the parts manager is cool. But they don't have enough courtesy cars! To be frank they don't have the biggest dealership, but customer satisfaction should be high on their list! Must admit though the salesmen has offered to pick me up before.

Never had an issue with their service with regards to them fixing a problem! I have thought about giving another dealer a go to compare them.

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Steve is a nice enough bloke (as said above). Never had a problem with the front desk guys, it was the people carrying out the repairs that let the side down

You never see them, but they sure do cause you problems when you keep having to take your car back for faults following repairs. oops weve caused a leek, oops we forgot to put the foot vents back on, oops we didnt re aline the climate control vent motors. added on top of this screws that were left in the footwell, hmm where havent they been put back to etc etc.

Something I thought was relatively routine turned out to be a bit of a nightmare, thankfully my place of work was reasonably understanding with me having to keep going back to the garage.

Last edited:

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Agree 100%. Never 'really' had a problem with the guys at the front desk. Only ever had 3 problems with my car, and its been back about 20 times to sidcup.

One of the problems was the ESP light, which I originally told them the alternator wire was the problem (thanks muddyboots ;) )

5 more times it went in, before I told them to recheck the wire... came back the same, that it was fine. Got a call a day later saying that a customers FR had a loose wire coming from the alternator causing the esp light to come on... and I should take it in. I told them, that was the cause 14 months ago!!!!! Plus it costs me £30 everytime i use there courtesy car... I dont want to add up how much they've cost me!!

Im using BBT now. Cant be bothered with sidcup...or buying another SEAT from there. Im sure there fine for basic services.. but a problem where they may have to think.... not too sure.

Edit and when I asked the salesman about the New Leon Cupra, and how much he'd give me for mine... he said £0 ... its been in the workshop to many times and wouldnt touch it! I walked out not in the best of moods.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
They forgot to plug in the connection lead to the MAF when they Did a £800 service (aircon probs too)

I fell of my chair in hysterics when they claimed it must of popped off by its own accord,

but cant grumble as the subsequent MOT was halve price...

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Well since been back as the aircon needed a re-gas following the last repairs.

They now say they have put dye in the gas to try and work out where the leek is as they cannot find it :(

Taking it back next week for them to have another look and to fix my heat shield that is near falling off.

Sadly their loan cars are not insured and it costs me £20 each time to add them on, so I wont be opting for that this time, but they have said they will drop me at work which is a bonus. :)

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Just closing off my feedback on this thread, aircon still appears to be holding its gas now after they re-gased for the 2nd time .... odd......

new heat shield done under warranty while i waited, thanks steve for the coffee :)

all in all after a prolonged experience with WJKing they have been very reasonable, just a shame we had a shakey start.

so hopefully that will be all for now on repairs, appart from a new windscreen :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.