wobble and judder.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
The dmf is 2 plates connected together with springs.
It can fail very quickly and catastrophically too with it in some cases coming through the gearbox bell housing.
Glynn

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
a wobble. could be an inner cv joint then on the driveshaft. when you put it under hard load ie. higher gears and your accelerating then your feeling it. my mum and dad have focus cmax and thats doing that. you can feel it too if you give it some stick in 3rd or higher. and its the inner cv joint on theirs, another thing for me to do.
a dmf makes a noise normally like a vibrating noise and you feel it as a vibration through the car.

ucchockey

Mar 9, 2008
lichfield
hmm. There is definitely no noise with the wobbling. If the dmf was duff would i definitely hear something? the frequency of the wobble is quite low so you can feel it shaking you a bit. i would not describe it a vibration at all.
need to know before i start changing clutches and flywheels which is the cheapest option first. probably the n75 valve thing?

Deleted member 28319

Wandered what was causing the wobble when accelerating hard in 5th and 6th
cheers guys great informative thread.:D:D

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
hmm. There is definitely no noise with the wobbling. If the dmf was duff would i definitely hear something? the frequency of the wobble is quite low so you can feel it shaking you a bit. i would not describe it a vibration at all.
need to know before i start changing clutches and flywheels which is the cheapest option first. probably the n75 valve thing?

n75 is £30 form vw
Just to let you know I had a new clutch and flywheel 3k before my remap.
After the map the wobble came back but seemed to come and go.
If you suspect your car is a bit slow to boost (NOT HEARING THE TURBO SPIN UP THOUGH) then an n 75 is a good starting point. I had this problem and replaced my n75 again as the old one was only 10 months old. What a transformation in performance on part throttle, the boost comes in so much quicker now thank god
Glynn

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
hi sorry to hijack, mine doesnt judder

but when accelerate hard from low ish revs, the rpm's fly up to 3 - 4k before pulling , i think its 3rd 4th and 5th gears , noticed it sometimes,

cheers

andrew

Thats your clutch slipping mate. Mine started like that then it to doing it all the time. bad luck. don't accelerate hard frow low revs for the time being. make it last that bit longer.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)

Sounds exactly like the c-max with its inner cv joint. you would definitley hear the dmf if it was that. it is like a vibration, in noise and in how it feels through the car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.