Would you sell up or continue?

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Hey,
I currently drive, as some of you may know, an early Seat Leon Sport 1.8t 20v - APP engine code so has the ko3 turbo. Its a very rare colour for the Leon, am yet to find another. This is a main reason I like my car. However, I have been offered a 52 plate Cupra in silver with only 56k on the clock, excellent condition for a great price by a family member. It has the ko3s turbo, something which I wanted to do to my Leon amongst other mods to get 240hp stage 2. My Leon is just shy of 83k (is this alot for the 1.8t?) and would need the extra expense of buying and fitting a ko3s, I also want to buy the Cupra kit for it, but obviously the silver cupra I've been offered has already got both of those. My Leon is also a 2000 reg, 2 years older than the Cupra.

I'm really unsure whether to sell up and get the silver Cupra, even though it's not the first colour I'd choose, I know I'd miss my blue Leon, but does look sexy with the Cupra kit and can be mapped straight to 240hp if I transfer my mods, or do I continue with my Leon and spend several hundred more to get it to the same spec as the Cupra?

How would you weigh it up...
Just after some direction really

Cheers
Dan

Last edited:

danny20vt

going back to basics
I have the same Leon 1.8t sport as you and personally, if i had the money, would part chop it for the later cupra or cupra r as long as FSH was present and it was in good order, as for 83k, this is merely coming to middle age, mines currently on 141k and runs as though its done 41k.
But i've got to say i'd do it definatly

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
if you want performance id sell yours and get the cupra mate, as you said can reach 240... max.

stunning performance, better looking facelift, transfer the mods you have and youll have a cracking car mate. you can swap the mods over from the cupra to the sport you have... suspension etc.

how much do they want for the cupra?

83k on yours is peanuts, i have 94k...... runs perfectly.

dont forget then mods you do. i.e suspension brakes, exhaust, engine mods are all renewing parts with high mileage on.

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Honestly, I don't mind saving for the ko3s on my car, and I much prefer my blue to silver. If you guys say 84k is peanuts then that's calming to know lol

I get lots of positive comments from here and at car meets about the colour, exhaust sound and wheels mainly. But then again the silver Cupra has the performance there, all that's needed is a transfer of the mods and a map. I've been offered it for £2k, has service history but is due MOT next month.

BUT I know I can save to get my funky blue Leon how I want, and after all that is the joy of modifying, right? I bet I'll regret selling it just for it's unique colour. I know I keep going on about the colour lol I was just abit worried about the mileage.

The low mileage, earlier model for such a great price was what got me thinking. I've had a chat with close friends and taken into account the comments here. I won't bore you with my mindless drivvle any more about this lol keep an eye out for future threads on which route I take.

Thanks gents

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
2k.... snap that up now, especially if you know the buyer and the car... thats a real bargain.

coulours not important i dont think, girls choose cars for colour... you need to choose the car to make it fast, handle well and look nice.

ha ha, thats what id do

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Is a tough one, the facelifts are so much nicer plus the ko3s, but the colour on yours is a nice colour. If I was you i'd buy it, swap the turbo (if thats possible lol) and say no more lol sell it for a profit, and then buy facelift bumpers for yours with said profit.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.