Wow....power on Cold nights! :D

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Felt like I had a remap yesterday when driving back along the motorway and A roads last night. I had no idea how much of a difference the density of the air has upon the running of a turbo charged car.

Which brings me to the question, if I can feel the difference between hot/cold days, do I need an FMIC ???

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
best weather, freezin cold and bone dry
i love it

i miss living in the arctic conditions of aberdeen in winter

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
FMIC will make a difference, but the expense is only really worth it if you're thinking about going Stg 2 remap or big turbo IMHO.

ringer

LEON CUPRA
Sep 2, 2007
Isle of wight
Drove home from work this morning at 4 am,freezing cold but the car was loving it.all that nice freezing cold air sucking in.couldnt help my self but put the old foot down.Went the best ever since i brought the car ;)

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
yeah i really noticed it today, plus i jst got the car serviced, so nice new mobile 1 oil, new brake fluid and everything. car feels totally different.

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
And I thought it was just me, and I DO have a FMIC.

TBH the improvement seems greatest OFF boost :shrug:

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
The one advantage of winter rolling round.

It's been such a muggy, damp summer that the car's felt flabby and laggy for too long.

It's been well into single digits celsius to and from work recently, and surprisingly I seem to be getting home in a shorter time...

rico

Nov 16, 2006
Aberdeen
Ah the joys of living in the far north where its always cold. Have to make do with crap petrol though

I will give you thats its alway cold here. But i think you will find it was further south that all the petrol shenanagins happened not in bonny Aberdeen(Oil Capital of Europe)(but will still pay over odds for GO GO juice![:@])

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Sorry to be a complete layman here, but why does a turbo work better with cold air coming in ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.