Wrong size of original floormats

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Hey all, I am really confused now.
I received two sets of floormats from the dealer, set of not original rubber ones & set of original carpet ones.

Car was handed over from the dealer with rubber ones in place (still a bit winter time) & originals were packed and placed in the boot to take with me.
I did not notices during hand-over of the car, but during the first vacuuming I realized the rubber ones are of wrong size - driver one does not fit one hole of the floormat to the spike where it should be connected. Floormat is slightly wider, therefore both holes does not fit. The rest of floormats seems to be correct size.
I thought, ok, it's non-original, I was not raising this topic to the dealer, not a big deal.

Today morning I vacuum again and wanted to replace rubber floormats for original "carpet" ones. To my surprise, they have the same issue!
Driver's floormat is a bit wider, the mounting hole on it does fit to the spike on the floor.

Did you notice/face same issue?

FYI, my original floormats looks slightly differently as on most of the pics - mine's are fully made out of carpet, with a small text Cupra original on driver one.

Called dealer, he was not aware of, carpet floormats he received from importer.
He will let me know solution (I expect exchange of them!).
Wanted to give you a small warning to check this during hand-over of a car.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Today I had an exchange with the dealer, who is still trying to find out solution...
I measured the mounting distances:
Spikes at the floor - 33cm
Holes in the mat - 35cm

From the shape of the mat it's clear it does not fit as well. Suitable mats should have crossed corner (highlighted with yellow) and straight driver seat side (red line). My floor does not have shape of this mat near driver seat.

20230425_165806~2.jpg

Nobody else with this issue?

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The manufacturers of the mats will have been provided with details of the spec (size of mats, positioning of the fastenings etc.) for the Leon. So maybe the mats you’ve been provided with are for a different Cupra model? (e.g. Ateca, Born etc.)

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Dealer send me a new ones, correct ones.
Their OEM: 5FG 863 011 AB LOE

Shape of driver's one is as described above, with straight driver side and cutted corner, passenger side is a bit different as well.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Final message from the dealer - there is a difference in mats for manual/automatic vs. mildhybrid automatic.
As I have one of the first mildhybrids they sold, I have different ones..they were not aware before..
Just great..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.