WTF is going on with Insurance..

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Got it down to £697.70 with Greenlight, that's a tad better.

Harv you lucky fooker, £300 over 2 years to run the Pug I averaged £85-£90 a month in parts over the 3 years I had mine, tho I only have myself to blame as it was my first car so it wasn't treated with the most mechanical sympathy a car can get and I lived in the middle of no-where with some pukka driving roads so used to go through brakes & tyres at quite an alarming rate.
Really considered buying another until the insurance came in at double the value of the car.

Ron_Cupra8v

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2005
Tyne & Wear
my insurance droppped by about £150 this year ! Got no idea why cos got the same car, same address, same number of points etc Rang them and checked the details cos nobody else could get close to it. Not complaining mind, £495 with 7yrs NCB protected and 9 points. My post code is classed as inner city I think cos live 10 mins from central Newcastle.
Got it with Royal and Sun through Adrian Flux.

mmfb

Feb 12, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
Having been through a lot of pain in this area, I have also spent a lot of time on the phone getting quotes. I know of two outstandingly cheap places.

bearing in mind i have a recent TT99 offence on my license and that is the one code you dont want.

Chris Knott
Liverpool Victoria

Try them, no one else can get near thier quotes for me.

Also, other insurance companies cant even beat them when they do a quote for me "just to see the difference" without including the TT99 on my license.

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
I really don't understand this I'm 25 with No-Claims and barring 2 quotes there all about double what I got last year!!

Liv Victoria was £1470!!!!!

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
HA!

chris knott wanted 1600 from me
Diamond wanted 1300 from me
Tesco wanted 1100 ish

if i didnt need the money from my golf i woulnt even claim. now my insurance is gonna be stupidly high.

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Askara said:
HA!

chris knott wanted 1600 from me
Diamond wanted 1300 from me
Tesco wanted 1100 ish

if i didnt need the money from my golf i woulnt even claim. now my insurance is gonna be stupidly high.

They must just pluck these figure out of the air

Tesco wanted £1800
Admiral £720
Sainsbury £1300
Norwich Direct told me where to go

got mine down to less than my mate pays on his diessel Corsa ha ha.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise