Xenon Headlights 1P x 1PFacelit - different?

adulka

Jun 24, 2010
Hallo,
are Xenon headlights from 1P and 1P Facelift different?

I have 1P (2008)
vApgd3U.jpg

and here is DRL??
fiHX8ei.jpg

how is it possible? Can i have instead of H7, DRL?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Iirc facelift use the xenon for dipped and main beam , whereas the pre facelift used xenons for dipped and the H7 for main. This means you will not be able to use the H7 position for a drl as you would lose your main beam.

vINyL3

Sep 13, 2013
It's a H1, not H7 at least on my pre-facelift.

I remove it, code the xenon to work with main and high beam and install a h1 LED with some hires to work as DRL.

x6Hc_cz6XJ0KNeu17jo4lEbbK4Ah_DQ9KyHvfmZZin0

Last edited:

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
in fact the pre facelift xenon is dip and main but only whilst the dipped beam is on.
for example if you flash someone with lights off they do not activate.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
in fact the pre facelift xenon is dip and main but only whilst the dipped beam is on.
for example if you flash someone with lights off they do not activate.

I don't think that is correct. Certainly on two previous vehicles with xenon's as dipped and halogen as main, when main beam was selected the xenon would stay on but not alter height, hence the need for the halogen main beam.
What you are saying is the halogen is only there for 'flashing' purposes?

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
yes i drive and FR with Bi-xenons and i get a sharp flash when lights are on but your normal halogen flash when they're off. I have only seen this from a drivers prospective not from outside the car. I maybe wrong

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
yes i drive and FR with Bi-xenons and i get a sharp flash when lights are on but your normal halogen flash when they're off. I have only seen this from a drivers prospective not from outside the car. I maybe wrong

Ok I have just checked flashing my lights against a fence. It is both xenon and halogen main beam or flashing whilst on but when lights are off it is just the halogen bulb that flashes,
I actually bought some led main beam bulbs but they dont fit the leon holder [:@].
I dont know why the lights work this way but they do.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Ok I have just checked flashing my lights against a fence. It is both xenon and halogen main beam or flashing whilst on but when lights are off it is just the halogen bulb that flashes,
I actually bought some led main beam bulbs but they dont fit the leon holder [:@].
I dont know why the lights work this way but they do.

But is the xenon just staying on as a normal dipped headlight when you flash with them on already, if you see what I mean. I know the previous vehicles ( not Seat/VAG) worried in the way I described, but tbh only Seat with xenon's I've had was previous LCR and that had bi xenons with drl's.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.