Year 2 Service advice

lntghll

Aug 13, 2018
I’m approaching my second service, is there any difference with this service compared to the first service?

Secondly folks, and this is for anyone in the South Wales area really, which seat approved garage have people been using? I’ve noticed Kwit fit provide a seat approved service which is cheaper than seat dealerships, but I do not trust them and know of too many situations where people have dodged a bullet when getting a second opinion on expensive repairs advised by quick fit. Any advice appreciated from anyone living/has knowledge of places in South Wales.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
The second year service is a bigger one, involves plugs filters etc, takeing the wheels off and inspecting the breaks etc. So will be more expensive. However you don't need to go to a Seat Approved garage to have it done. You can have it done at any garage that is VAT registered as long as they use the official Seat service pack. I have mine done at a local garage that I have been using for years and have built up a lot of trust with. It was done for under £100.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd be very surprised if a year 2 service on a petrol Ibiza 1.0TSI includes a change of plugs, it does normally include replacing the pollen filter and a general inspection, but I'd doubt if any VW Group service schedule includes taking the wheels off and inspecting the brakes, that is normally additional extra cost job.

The general inspection will include checking that the car is completely roadworthy which will mean visually checking the brakes with the wheels on.

Reactions: camelspyyder

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Second service on the 1.0 involves very little extra over the First one and is only good value if you are deliberately collecting a full dealer service history.

blueleontsi

Jan 21, 2013
Based on my other posts about the build quality and software glitches my advice would be to spend a little more and let Seat do the service - therefore they cannot wriggle out of any warranty claims. ( even though they shouldn't if genuine Seat parts are used). You may also get free AA breakdown cover with the service.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise