1790 software update under warranty?

DaveH

Mar 8, 2023
Leicestershire
My 21 Leon FR 1.5 bought second-hand a year ago is approaching the end of warranty and is due a routine 12 month service. It has 1790 software as purchased in February 2023 from a Seat main dealership who advised me (incorrectly?) at the time that the software was up to date.
1) Am I in a position to insist the software is updated to 19** under warranty?

2) I have not experienced any major problems but significant improvements may have been introduced which I am not aware of or have not yet experienced when driving. Are any of the developments between 1790 and the latest 19** version either safety related or such an improvement to driving experience to give leverage to my request for a FOC warranty update.

3) Experiences of other members justifying a software upgrade would be of interest

4) Are there any release notes published for the various software versions since 1790 published giving details of changes/improvements made

Comments would be appreciated.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
You can insist the update is done during the service you are paying for, mine was always done without asking. But they won't do it on its own under warranty unless it's related to another fault on the car.

Other than the infotainment system being a tiny bit quicker you won't notice any difference, you should notice more difference from all the other modules being updated with their respective updates and reducing the annoying bugs - the 1790 bit only relates to the infotainment system.

Reactions: Herencia

DaveH

Mar 8, 2023
Leicestershire
Thanks BoomerBoom. I'm not sure if I've maybe been more tolerant of annoying bugs than I should have been or possibly treated them as characteristics of the model; the aggressive kick on the steering of the lane re-centring system and the inability to change the "lane assist" default may be one among others.

There have been a couple of OTA updates recently but they have made no significant change to performance or handling.

Attached is photo of the software installed on my car; it is the same now as when I purchased it a year ago. Other than the infotainment system being out of date at 1790 are there any other modules that I should insist on being updated and what improvements might I expect after installation?

Thanks Dave

Attachments

• SEAT leon software.jpg
    SEAT leon software.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 50

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
The OTA updates have done nothing noticeable, other than the SOS update which got rid of the loud click noise in 5G areas.

Your list is identical to mine, except the 1969 infotainment software version, but I had all the modules updated at the last service which made all the difference to many bugs, e.g. helped with the lane assist bug (car defaulting to left hand drive) etc.

You should ask them to check for all outstanding updates on all the modules, also the infotainment system as a separate issue.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Thanks BoomerBoom. I'm not sure if I've maybe been more tolerant of annoying bugs than I should have been or possibly treated them as characteristics of the model; the aggressive kick on the steering of the lane re-centring system and the inability to change the "lane assist" default may be one among others.

There have been a couple of OTA updates recently but they have made no significant change to performance or handling.

Attached is photo of the software installed on my car; it is the same now as when I purchased it a year ago. Other than the infotainment system being out of date at 1790 are there any other modules that I should insist on being updated and what improvements might I expect after installation?

Thanks Dave
Hello, the GPS maps data is quite outdated. I currently have version 23.6
In the image you posted, the radio database is not visible, I have it at 1.30.40

DaveH

Mar 8, 2023
Leicestershire
The OTA updates have done nothing noticeable, other than the SOS update which got rid of the loud click noise in 5G areas.

Your list is identical to mine, except the 1969 infotainment software version, but I had all the modules updated at the last service which made all the difference to many bugs, e.g. helped with the lane assist bug (car defaulting to left hand drive) etc.

You should ask them to check for all outstanding updates on all the modules, also the infotainment system as a separate issue.
Thanks BoomerBoom. Perhaps I've been lucky in that my Lane Assist at at least kicks to the left and does not default to left hand drive. I'll do as you suggest and ask for the other modules to be checked. I was hoping the infotainment system might be updated under warranty but this may be unlikely. If no luck East Yorkshire Retrofis may be a possibility.

DaveH

Mar 8, 2023
Leicestershire
Hello, the GPS maps data is quite outdated. I currently have version 23.6
In the image you posted, the radio database is not visible, I have it at 1.30.40
Thanks ruidebraga. Yes I did realise the GPS is outdated and must do a manual update sometime. Meanwhile I'm using either Waze or Android Auto.

Following your reference to it I have only just noticed the radio database at the bottom of the System Information screen. Mine is 1.30.19 so presumably well out of date. I'm not sure how to update it; I cannot find a facility in either the System settings or the Radio/Media settings. However, since I can pick up all the stations I listen to at present it is not a major problem.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Thanks ruidebraga. Yes I did realise the GPS is outdated and must do a manual update sometime. Meanwhile I'm using either Waze or Android Auto.

Following your reference to it I have only just noticed the radio database at the bottom of the System Information screen. Mine is 1.30.19 so presumably well out of date. I'm not sure how to update it; I cannot find a facility in either the System settings or the Radio/Media settings. However, since I can pick up all the stations I listen to at present it is not a major problem.
Hi, as far as I can tell, the radio database is only for radio station logos to be the most current

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.