Your 0-60?

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
Hi guys, just wondering what's the best way people have been getting their car off the line to get the best 0-60? I found the best way is leaving traction on and holding the brakes whilst pressing the accelerator, although don't like the noise this makes; best I got was a 5.45 using iPhone gps not entirely sure if 100% accurate (ps: this was conducted at Brands Hatch)

Last edited:

rocket_26_

Jul 29, 2004
Lincoln
Hi guys, just wondering what's the best way people have been getting their car off the line to get the best 0-60? I found the best way is leaving traction on and holding the brakes whilst pressing the accelerator, although don't like the noise this makes; best I got was a 5.45 using iPhone gps not entirely sure if 100% accurate (ps: this was conducted at Brands Hatch)

All runs I have recorded ranged from 5.5 to 5.9using a VBOX with a fuel tank of fuel.

Last edited:

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
Only as a few members have mentioned about traction issues with the Cupra, so I'm wondering what others have been getting and more to the point if anyone is running different tires like the PSS's or cup 2 tires.

And 5.5 seems more accurate that what I got with the standard rubber

rocket_26_

Jul 29, 2004
Lincoln
Only as a few members have mentioned about traction issues with the Cupra, so I'm wondering what others have been getting and more to the point if anyone is running different tires like the PSS's or cup 2 tires.

And 5.5 seems more accurate that what I got with the standard rubber

My times were with the bridgestones, now have PSS's. I'm not fussed about 0-60 to be fair, I have not done a standing start in 9 months.

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
My times were with the bridgestones, now have PSS's. I'm not fussed about 0-60 to be fair, I have not done a standing start in 9 months.

Well on the road neither do I, although it'll be interesting to see an improvement with the different tires

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Can't VCDS be used to record and log various speed-speed times?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home

Just bury the throttle and I'm gone.......that might have something to do with the fact it's 4wd.........and not a Leon....

Amessad

Cupra sub8 Uni stg1+
Oct 7, 2014
Athens
5.1s Bridgestone 050, 2 persons on board using Racelogic Performance box and LC at 2.800rpm...

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
I apreciate roling performance over standing start. IF id care about 0-60 id bought a s3 / golf r..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise