your remaps and fuel consumption?

Coalesy

Leon FR 20vt
Sep 16, 2008
Dronfield
Hi guys,

i know this has probably been on scn millions of times, but what remaps have people got on there leon 1.820vt 180bhp and how did it affect your fuel consumption??

thanks in advance

Ben

davegrayburn

Mar 15, 2008
southend on sea
have a revo remap on mine. running on shell v power my average consumption is around 30mpg..I only use my car locally...the remap can actually improve your fuel consumption if driven normally and running on v power or tesco 99 can also help

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I'm running Custom Code Phase 2, and seeing about 25MPG around town, pushing 35MPG when on the Motorway.

THats running V Power or Tesco 99 at worst!

smokescreen

28.4mpg on the first tank refill just after the remap, which isn't bad considering I've been occasionally flooring it. On motorway trips, there's clearly an improvement in MPG by at least 10% on the instant computer, going the same paths etc.

Strangely the remap has made me a very defensive driver now.

Coalesy

Leon FR 20vt
Sep 16, 2008
Dronfield
so am i right in thinking that once it has been rempped, fill it with super v or tesco 99 or likewise and then run on it on that in the future for best results??

smokescreen

Been told that the maps tend to be developed for super 97, and so putting in 99 wouldnt result in any real benefit over 97.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
depends on the map.. revo i think have different settings for different fuels.

jabba asked me to run at least 2 tanks of vpower prior to my first remap which was stage 2. not sure if there would have been as much difference on a generic/stage 1 map though.

best check with whomevers mapping it:shrug:

Coalesy

Leon FR 20vt
Sep 16, 2008
Dronfield
cheers guys, think im going to go for a p-torque map so ill have to see what they say when i call to book it in which will be soon hopefully :)

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I'm running CC phase 1 and havent noticed a drop in mpg, unless i boot it though.

I normally run it on tesco super as shell stations round here are like rocking horse ****, as you'll know coming from dronny ;)

Coalesy

Leon FR 20vt
Sep 16, 2008
Dronfield
yep only one i can think of is eccy road??

whats your cc phase one like mate?? im deciding between CC and P-torque cant make my mind up, cc is closer, but p-torque is cheaper and get rollingroad results chucked in for free

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Can't fault CC but never had another map to compare to.

The main reason i went CC is i work 2 minutes walk from JBS so it made sense and everyone rated the smoothness of their maps.

P-torque are meant to excellent and the RR print-out is a nice touch. It's a tough call i suppose.

Edit. forgot to mention. I also got mine remapped when JBS ran their 2 for one day back in 2007 so it only cost me about £240ish so that was a huge deciding factor for me ;)

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I get around 35mpg on the motorway and as low as 25mpg around town in my mapped LCR

I ALWAYS use tesco 99 now as my car runs so much better on it than the shell petrol

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
I get around 35mpg on the motorway and as low as 25mpg around town in my mapped LCR

I ALWAYS use tesco 99 now as my car runs so much better on it than the shell petrol

What sort of speeds, & revs in 6th, are you doing when you get 35mpg on motorways? Thanks.

Aug 24, 2007
LC, stage 1, average 31mpg over the last 5000 miles.

if I keep it under 3k revs it can go up to 35mpg on a 30 mile mixed road commute :)