• 11th/12th May

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 18th/19th May

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Glad to hear it mate now then what’s on the list off mods ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one repair still left on the list which is to replace the thermostat. Mod list as follows:

- Light tint on indicators, headlights, rears.
- Finish faux leather door cards (currently only the drivers side done)
- Not really a mod but I’d like a Dashcam that doubles as a rear view mirror and has auto dimming.
- Need to repaint the grill - May plastidip
- Clean turbo and remap to stage 1, if turbo is goosed will probably fit a bigger turbo.
- Vinyl wrap highlights on parts of the car (mainly thoughts around front bumper at the minute)
- Possibly seat covers or replace seats with Leon FR seats
- Replace boot struts as to have boot auto open on boot release.
- Replace bonnet catch with strut, looks good and makes working on the car easier.
- Tint rear windows (near the top of the list as cheap and effective)

Reactions: Yellow fr

Deleted member 103408

Please don't mention Plastidip there was some upset yesterday on this subject.

@saveoursouls good to see the car is back on the road again. I may have some Chrome window wrap in the workshop, if you are interested give me a shout and i will see if i can find it (no cost)

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Please don't mention Plastidip there was some upset yesterday on this subject.

@saveoursouls good to see the car is back on the road again. I may have some Chrome window wrap in the workshop, if you are interested give me a shout and i will see if i can find it (no cost)

Did somebody plastidip their unmentionables? Chrome window wrap? Haven’t heard of that before tbh, I was just going to go with flat black. I’m intrigued.

Deleted member 103408

No it was a chat about US or UK Plastidip and there was a very bad video trying to explain why the US one is better.

Re the Chrome its the same as the Black but you just get a chrome finish, from memory its on the inside, I try and find the roll (I bought it to do some wrapping in the engine but it turned out to be window wrap so was of no use).

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
No it was a chat about US or UK Plastidip and there was a very bad video trying to explain why the US one is better.

Re the Chrome its the same as the Black but you just get a chrome finish, from memory its on the inside, I try and find the roll (I bought it to do some wrapping in the engine but it turned out to be window wrap so was of no use).

That would be awesome, I was going to get it done but if I can figure out how to do it myself I’d be able to do it sooner.

Deleted member 103408

Found it,
film.jpg

instructions.jpg

I have checked it and you can see through it but I suspect it will be very dark inside (sort of the point i guess)

If you want it just PM me with you address and i send it off.

Update size of wrap is 750mm x 1 meter

Cheers
Ron

Reactions: kanyewest

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Found it,
View attachment 4487
View attachment 4488

I have checked it and you can see through it but I suspect it will be very dark inside (sort of the point i guess)

If you want it just PM me with you address and i send it off.

Update size of wrap is 750mm x 1 meter

Cheers
Ron

Really appreciate you digging this out Ron, looking at it I don’t feel it’s fully to my taste and would be better going to someone else.

Appreciate the offer though! Thanks

Parrsz

May 26, 2018
Any ideas on location? As I'm only 15 mins from oakham and never see any other seats around here

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Any ideas on location? As I'm only 15 mins from oakham and never see any other seats around here
Evening,

I'm waiting to hear back from a venue for thr meet and some pictures but I don't think we have enough interest for it currently, need to try and find something a little smaller but still good pictures I think.

Youve never seen my Speed blue MK2 Cupra R? I'm always out and about.

Reactions: paddy6789

Parrsz

May 26, 2018
I'm sure I must have at some point just can't picture it. All I ever see is fiesta/focus st around. :think:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Evening,

I'm waiting to hear back from a venue for thr meet and some pictures but I don't think we have enough interest for it currently, need to try and find something a little smaller but still good pictures I think.

Youve never seen my Speed blue MK2 Cupra R? I'm always out and about.
You can count me in :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members