YRC BTCC Leon

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
Just got home. Phil did a superb job in the first 2 races, can tell he worked hard looked like he'd been in the hot sauna world champs lol. Managed to find my logo on the car too right at the front.

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
defo slower than tom's car. in race 2 tom got shunted to the back and managed to not only catch back up with Phil and but then past him with ease. But they stayed about 5 car lengths apart for the last few laps.

With the amount of time spent in the car for Phil compared to Tom, i gotta say Phil's doing a great job, especially the save he made at the start of race 2 at brooklands/luffield.

Crowd in pit straight grand stand was funny tho...all cheering every time Pinkney's car came to a grind and crawled back into the pits lol.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I know about the outside of that Chevy is blue, but the air inside it will definately be blue now. :D

Phil has made up some places in the carnage, hopefully he keeps his nose clean and he may even pick up some points currently 9th and in the points ;)

Except we'll probably be penalised :p

Nice coverage for our stickers then.

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just home now :) just in time to watch race 3

The YRC leon is going really well & looks awesome.

Hannah has done an amazing job & Phil Glew is a top chap.

Managed to blag parking right infield, so didn't have to wander too far at all :)

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
would have been for overtaking under yellow flags as they said they were going to investigate that move past nash.

silly really considering the first lap confusion.

now why did they leave all the crash bang wallop for the last race eh! we were sat in the grand stand before the pit straight, so would have seen that monumental bmw into chevy rear end shunt.

Neal trying to punt off Plato...but then Jackson gave him aa nice push too haha. Is Jackson becoming the new Neal tho? That was a naughty way to get past Chilton!

Oh btw well done SCN for sponsoring the YRC Leon. :)

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Following the timing screens he gave the place back to Nash. So bit harsh considering, but thats BTCC bullshit for you.

Another finish though for the Leon, 3 out of 3, much respect to Hannah, Phil Glew and the YRC / Special Tuning UK team for a brilliant debut. Hope you can get the car out again at some point.

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
courtesy of a mate from practice yesterday.

IMGP9094.jpg

jamiebennett81

few pics from the day, sorry I did not get any of the YRC car....and no telephoto lens! :doh:

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

Was there an issue with the YRC on the first race, me and my GF both said it sounded to be running a bit rough and excessive back firing, but on the second race it sounded fine?

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
The circus continues. Its all about the ratings. :lol:

Very cynical Z! I agree with you 100% :lol:

Now come Knockhill, they're all either going to get worse still or the CotC will kick their arses and the races will be 3 processions like has happened before when they've been in bother. They can't seem to find that fine line most of the time.

Nice Red Arrows pics!

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
few pics from the day, sorry I did not get any of the YRC car....and no telephoto lens! :doh:

Was there an issue with the YRC on the first race, me and my GF both said it sounded to be running a bit rough and excessive back firing, but on the second race it sounded fine?

You were sat in the grandstand to my left!

Also the YRC Leon was the "throatiest" of all the BTCC cars today had a real growl especially compared to the Chevys and the Honda's :funk:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.