YRC BTCC Leon

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
What a weekend for the Barmy Army as fun as always!

My Pics/Videos will be coming on saturday when i get home

3 Finishes for the YRC Leon in my Opinion is a good weekend!Alot of New cars fail to finish and the car looked great out on track

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Hi All

Had a fantastic day, was also the YRC FanCam man for the day, so had the honour of going places others couldn't, and can only thank Hannah and the crew from the bottom of my heart. Walking out onto the grid for the YRC BTCC debut was one hell of a feeling.

Any way, a few snaps

DSCF1395.jpg

DSCF1399.jpg

DSCF1396.jpg

DSCF1453.jpg

DSCF1402.jpg

DSCF1401.jpg

DSCF1419.jpg

DSCF1420.jpg

DSCF1422.jpg

Just a quickie!

Massively tired and THANK YOU so much for your support.

Just clearing up the penalty rollocks.

Race 2 - 2 points for Phil on his licence - total BS as only 4 cars penalised. Explained that the under steer on the car means going to happen in race three too. NO point in arguing with the officials.

Race 3 - 'advised' that MAY have overtaken under yellows so we bit the bullet as tv didn't catch it and the alternative would have been massive penalty. Our choice to give the place back. Post race analysis shows that the flag went out at precisely the same time as Phil made his move so really bad luck and couldn't expect him to really see it. S&!t happens.

Drive through for running wide. No argument there - we did run wide and we told them we would. Argument (joined by WSR) with officials as to why only 2 cars penalised when press officials reporting Matt Neal ran wide no less than 14 times.

Welcome to the BTCC! No point in getting upset about it - it is what it is. We just need to keep proving ourselves as worthy to be on that grid and hopefully we'll get another chance.

H xxx

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Hannah, In ours eyes, you all proved, YRC can do it. Its us, the fans, paying 30 quid a meeting to come and watch that matter. YRC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OK so I didn't actually pay 30 quid on this occasion :) )

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Managed to catch the races on tv in the end, well done to all the hard work put in by all as it was great to see the car out there and i thought it returned some very good results considering it was the first time out

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members