Front Wipers

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
If this question has been asked sorry for repeating.
Where is the best place to purchase a genuine Seat set of wiper blades? I have no dealer in my town. I'm happy to mail order but I have limited trust with e Bay!

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
I've been using bosch wipers from euro car parts for years, worth it whenever they have a discount voucher on.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
I got mine (bosh) from Halfords. Fit as good as the oem one's I replaced. I have a trade discount card so were cheap too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I've been using bosch wipers from euro car parts for years, worth it whenever they have a discount voucher on.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Just be careful with the Bosch pairs listed in Eurocarparts.
they only offer the 24"and 16" set for the Leon

Standard sizes are 26"and 16"

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
If you want genuine SEAT wipers, go to the top of the forum and look for 'SEAT UK Dealer Network Section' and then click on 'Listers SEAT'. Create a new post and ask a fella called Mike what you want. Give him your reg. number and he'll come back with a price which will include postage. I've bought non-heated washers from Mike, and all went perfect.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington

Yes and now on my front I've got that little dirty triangle on the passenger side where the wipers don't reach...

Bought the rear wiper as well that apparently fits it, but it catches the very top under where the brake light is...

Next time I might just get the SEAT ones...

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yes and now on my front I've got that little dirty triangle on the passenger side where the wipers don't reach...

Bought the rear wiper as well that apparently fits it, but it catches the very top under where the brake light is...

Next time I might just get the SEAT ones...

I have the Bosch 16" rear on my SC from Eurocarparts - yes it's 1" bigger than standard but it is nowhere near catching.

Could probably use a 17" but no need.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Go for Bosch wipers from wipers.co.uk. Delivered to your door in no time at all and as cheap if not cheaper than anywhere else. SEAT wipers are probably like Oatso simple and Sainsbury own brand porridge - same product, different packaging but more expensive!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico

FWIW 24" and 16" do a decent enough job.
My car came with those when I bought it (I'm the second owner) and the local dealer didn't have them in stock and was charging a leg and an arm for them so I went to VW and bought a set for the Polo 24/16 for 1/3rd of the price and they work perfectly.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
It's annoying, it's only just catching and I've tried shortening it but it still catches no matter what.

Very annoying because it even says on the box it fits in the 5F SC.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Just as a heads up, you can get all three wiper blades by valeo for less than £20 at car parts for less with code wiper18

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
It's annoying, it's only just catching and I've tried shortening it but it still catches no matter what.

Very annoying because it even says on the box it fits in the 5F SC.

Has someone previously swapped the arm ?

From the centre of the pivot point to the end of my rear wiper blade is 485mm and I still have a 15mm gap before it would touch the brake light.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Just as a heads up, you can get all three wiper blades by valeo for less than £20 at car parts for less with code wiper18

+1 can't stand losing even 1mm of swept screen. Blades are good anyway so why not eat your cake and have it too.

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
I agree with Curtly. Valeo supply a number of car parts to VAG manufacturers, so it is possible that many OEM wipers are by Valeo.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

Can’t seem to find this on euro car parts, could you share the product codes please?

Best I can get is £31.48 with a discount code. Product codes front 485440015 and rears 485776475

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Ah that would be why I can’t find them whoops . Thanks for clarifying that one! Funny enough the product codes are the same I assume euro car parts owns them? Still can’t get them at £20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members