Bought Bluefin, can't use it!!

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Well, had dyno run, couldn't find towing eye so they had difficulty pulling car into rollers, kept wheelspinning! Got there in the end but only 257 hp, definitely mapped but not revo, not a good one, all the power/torque in mid-range and no top-end. Bit the bullet and had a Revo stage 1 done, still only 270hp but by now the car was heat-soaked, 55 degree inlet temp! Not sure what settings were put in on the map, but the guy said it was conservative until I fitted a hpfp. Don't know how much the high temps affect hp, but gone away to fit hpfp, forge dv, panel filter and cat-back exhaust. Back to the RR on sat 18th July to have the car set up again (maybe stage 2) and hopefully reach 300hp (my goal) Of course it could be the dyno.........................

John57

Well, had dyno run, couldn't find towing eye so they had difficulty pulling car into rollers, kept wheelspinning! Got there in the end but only 257 hp, definitely mapped but not revo, not a good one, all the power/torque in mid-range and no top-end. Bit the bullet and had a Revo stage 1 done, still only 270hp but by now the car was heat-soaked, 55 degree inlet temp! Not sure what settings were put in on the map, but the guy said it was conservative until I fitted a hpfp. Don't know how much the high temps affect hp, but gone away to fit hpfp, forge dv, panel filter and cat-back exhaust. Back to the RR on sat 18th July to have the car set up again (maybe stage 2) and hopefully reach 300hp (my goal) Of course it could be the dyno.........................

257 with wheelspin on the rollers may be almost the 270 the Revo gave ! To get to 300 on the more conservative rollers with just a remap will need a remap. TBE filter and HPFP .... possibly even an intercooler .... but the engine can take it :D If you feel you can deploy the power then go for it !

Xaser04

Hi mate,

just wondered if you had any results from your latest RR?

I also note that your location is Street Somerset, that is the same as me :)

Do you own the Dark grey (darker than my Luna Grey Cupra) Cupra with a square front plate (Private plate so don't know the age)?

If I see you around I will give you a thumbs up, I drive a Luna Grey Cupra with black wheels on a 09 plate (soon to be a private plate beginning T22)

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
That's me! Fitted hpfp, cat-back Milltek, Forge DV and modified the air intake. Took the car back to TSR Bridgwater and had stage 2+ loaded with base settings B6 T4 F6, the car made 299bhp and felt great. Going back soon to have settings tweaked to B8 T5 F7 should be around 320bhp. I must stop there............... I'll look out for T22!!

Xaser04

That's me! Fitted hpfp, cat-back Milltek, Forge DV and modified the air intake. Took the car back to TSR Bridgwater and had stage 2+ loaded with base settings B6 T4 F6, the car made 299bhp and felt great. Going back soon to have settings tweaked to B8 T5 F7 should be around 320bhp. I must stop there............... I'll look out for T22!!

Ah I thought it was! Not many MK2 Cupra's around are parts (although quite a few Cupra R's).

If I see you I will give you a wave (althoug I may be walking so if you see a mad man waving at you its probably me :happy:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members