Show Me Your Alloys!!!!!!!!!!

dshiels

NickP, you have made me a very jealous man!

Would love new wheels for either the Leon of the Supra but can't afford both!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Nick P made me so jealous i went out and got 19's ;)

main.php

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Those BBS CKs are stunning, so stunning that I'm buying some come Monday - finally found a UK source for them though instead of orange-tuning. Not 19s though, you're a braver man than I!

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
How much were they out of interest?

Near enough price matched orange-tuning (although their current price will be higher than you paid due to the Euro getting stronger against the pound recently).

I always think that going UK based and being able to deal with any possible warranty issues etc. here is easier.

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Near enough price matched orange-tuning (although their current price will be higher than you paid due to the Euro getting stronger against the pound recently).

I always think that going UK based and being able to deal with any possible warranty issues etc. here is easier.

Agree - if at the time I got mine (Oct07) I had the choice I would have gone for UK supply - even it it meant paying slightly more - I could find silver CK's over here but not Anthracite ones - but saying that Orange Tuning were great - couldn't have been more helpful :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Getting UK supply was sketchy to say the least, most said they couldn't get them. Other said we can get them but it might take up to 6 weeks or we don't really know when we'll get them. Not really that helpful.

I was unsure myself about dealing with Orange Tuning, but as Nick says they really couldn't of been any more helpful. I paid by credit card so that always sets my mind at rest anyway, but they were great to deal with. Advised me on the lead time, and the delivery was within a few days of me ordering them.

My 19's came to 1330€ inc delivery, which worked about £1020 total at the time, its probably about £20-30 or so more now with the currencies as they are.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Before deciding on the CKs, I nearly went for these. To be honest the only thing that was holding me back was that I couldn't find any pictures of them actually on any cars - Borbet LV5 Anthracite:

big.jpg

If that doesn't work due to hotlinking issues - link

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Before deciding on the CKs, I nearly went for these. To be honest the only thing that was holding me back was that I couldn't find any pictures of them actually on any cars - Borbet LV5 Anthracite:

big.jpg

If that doesn't work due to hotlinking issues - link

Nice, quite similar in a way to the standard Cupra rims, similar look anyway. But like the dark colouring.

Cuprari

Borbet LV5 -finally some pictures

Here you are ! Enjoy ! [B)]

11052008025.jpg

Rekisteripoistettu.jpg

They were installed just 30 mins before taking photos ...still some grease messing up the tyres & wheels. Sorry :(

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Nick P made me so jealous i went out and got 19's ;)

main.php

How does it ride on the 19's Mark, is it a noticeable difference in road noise / harshness of ride? They do look absolutely stunning, and BBS wheels are such a quality item.

Tempted to go for some 19's myself, but if I leave it too much longer won't be worth it as I'll be getting shot of the car in late 2009.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've not really noticed a great deal of difference running on 19's tbh. The CK's are only 8" wide, some 19's can be 8.5" I think that extra width can make them tram a bit. But with an 8" wheel they are not too bad really. The tyre profile is obviously reduced, and that can make it harsher if you hit a pothole. But i try to avoid the potholes anyway. It's otherwise very smooth on the road.

You need to make sure they are balanced correctly, and the tracking geometry is correct on the car as it may alter slightly with a larger wheel. So it's worth getting it looked at if you put 19s on.

I want to change to coil-overs at some point though, as it sits too high on 19's now, and needs a little drop to even things out.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.