05 reg LCR spluttering ???

Scoobers

Midlife crisis ...
Mar 26, 2006
London
I've had my LCR for about 6 weeks now. Car was great to start with but now it's developed a bit of a splutter when idling :confused:

It's not that bad, just a bit concerning. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any ideas?

Thx

IanH123

Feb 22, 2006
Scoobers said:
I've had my LCR for about 6 weeks now. Car was great to start with but now it's developed a bit of a splutter when idling :confused:

It's not that bad, just a bit concerning. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any ideas?

Thx

What fuel you using??

CUPRAGREY

2FAST
Jun 14, 2004
Bucks/Herts
I don't know if its similar but i notice my LCR being more raspy with 95 ron which I rarely use unless there is no Shell around for Optimax. When Optimax is used the car is so much better. May be worth trying that for starters when you can.

IanH123

Feb 22, 2006
Scoobers said:
I'm kinda cheap, 95 unleaded. Invariably from my local BP or Sainsburys garage.

I have read in a lot of the forums if you have a Cupra R then its best to use the more expensive fuels super unleaded/optimax etc as the cars do spluter on the normal ones and also you get a better performance.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Nah, they don't splutter on "normal" 95. I did fill up once at some ropey garage at the back of Birmingham once and it didn't like that fuel, but god knows what was in it. They certainly like a bit of optimax though.

What kind of splutter is it? Does it do it most when it's cold?

Scoobers

Midlife crisis ...
Mar 26, 2006
London
It's mostly noticable when comming off the motorway and stopping in traffic or for traffic lights. It feels like the timing is a fraction too low but it's not percistent, which it would be if this were the case.

I'll try filling with Optimax for a bit before running to Seat. The car's only done 11K so I'll be a bit miffed if there is something wrong.