1st day of ownership and engine management light come on

messer

May 5, 2005
The light to the right in the middle of the warning panel has just come on, its an orange pic of an engine. Looks like a management ligtht, car doesnt appear to be running lumpy or anything though.. What could this be telling me? sensor knackered or something?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah somethings duff, no need to worry just yet though, could be something as stupid as the clock is the wrong time

2 choices

get the code checked out with vagcom so you know whats wrong or disconnect the battery and it'll be wiped out

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
have you bought another cupra then?

I remember you organised the blueflame gb ages ago...

I'd reset the ecu and wait to see if the light comes back on...if so get the fault codes.

messer

May 5, 2005
yeah just bought another one! I bought it from a dealer and he is being sound about it. Just need somewhere around warrington who can check it out for me without charging main dealer prices...

May 2, 2006
yeah just bought another one! I bought it from a dealer and he is being sound about it. Just need somewhere around warrington who can check it out for me without charging main dealer prices...

where you from? i have vagcom, only down the road to warrington (literally 1 mile)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.