Car Tax ---Leon Cupra

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
You are subject to the T-Charge.

From 23 October 2017 if you travel in the Congestion Charge zone 07:00-18:00 Monday to Friday, you will be charged £10 a day in addition to the Congestion Charge.

This is because your vehicle does not meet the Euro 4 / IV standard

F the lot of them

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
All old diesels will be charged to enter London in the coming years.
Amazing it took them till 2017 to work out the black crap pouring out of diesels is bad for us!!
And all after they convinced a huge chunk of the public to change to diesel fuel. Funny that.
Now only "Clean Diesels" will be allowed in by 2020. Fines for older diesels.
As for clean diesel. Ha.
I was under the impression that Audi had come up with a clean burning Diesel engine.
Codswallop. They don't tell you you have to add a bottle of "clear blue" or whatever to clean your diesel
Before the engine burns it.
I feel for all the people who've bought an older diesel and commute into town.
Soon to be devalued.
That's why Maserati were flogging Quattro Ports for 150 quid a month I recon.
Small print in the adverts. "It's a diesel". Guess they are dumping stock now.

Paterson1989

Jul 21, 2017
Chester
Thats what it costs me a year and cant see where the money has been spent
442ea787a834a0bf13ea76a035262819.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Thats what it costs me a year and cant see where the money has been spent

You just need to look a bit harder:

Wages for ministers and officials deciding how much to screw us for.
Wages for the support staff to implement and maintain the systems and penalties we will incur.
Cost of more speed cameras.

In addition they will need to find ways to replace the tax revenue that will be increasingly lost from the fuel industry, which will not just be what we see going into our tanks. The petroleum industry is going to suffer in a way never seen.

Mattsthat

Aug 1, 2017
Just need to tax fuel more, bear with me before you lynch me!

I know fuel is taxed to bu99ery, currently 70% or something like that but if road tax was incorporated into fuel costs then we would all pay for what we use.

We would pay by the mile, it would give people the incentive to have better fuel efficient cars, vehicle tax dodgers would be a thing of the past thus increasing revenue, we could do away with loads of civil servants thus saving further cash etc.

Yes there are a few downfalls like people out of work, high cost fuelled cars like ours would be penalised etc but then you could have 2 vehicles one for piddling to work in and one for snorting around in! :clap:

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
They'd never go for it, at least with the current system Gov gets money for a car not moving an inch (road and insurance taxes).

Even if it was implemented, after a few years a new tax would be introduced, what would they call it - the highways maintenance tax sounds plausible.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members