cordoba ecu

rik2300

my 1997 1.6 cordoba has developed a problem with it's ecu.
at the risk of sounding ignorant, where is it and what do'es it look like on this car??
can i get another ecu or do'es it need to be programed to my car??
i dont have a manual so even a picture under the bonnet pointing to the ecu would be great

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
IIRC, the ECU is under the scuttle panel at the base of the windscreen on the drivers side......

It will be a metal 'box' about the size of a small paperback book :lol: with a black plastic end cap on it.

A new ECU will need to be 'programmed' to the car, due to the immobiliser and the remote central locking codes etc.

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
my 1997 1.6 cordoba has developed a problem with it's ecu.
at the risk of sounding ignorant, where is it and what do'es it look like on this car??
can i get another ecu or do'es it need to be programed to my car??
i dont have a manual so even a picture under the bonnet pointing to the ecu would be great

can i ask what the problem is? think im having a bit of chew with my ecu on my 97 corby

rik2300

the car starts up but will not run, if it do'es run, it will go ok until stopped, if left for more than 10 min, will start up but not run again,leave it for an hour or so and it'll go again:blink:

rik2300

do'es the ecu still need programmed with no remote locking and imobiliser?
it's a 1997 model, just a normal key

MentalMikky

Aug 23, 2009
the car starts up but will not run, if it do'es run, it will go ok until stopped, if left for more than 10 min, will start up but not run again,leave it for an hour or so and it'll go again:blink:

Just a thought, had similar problems and after swapping most things, it turned out to be the coil pack!
had problem again on next SX, and went straight for the coil pack, and it was cured 1st time this time LOL

rik2300

auto elect reckoned it was the ecu, got it checked, no faults, i'll try coil next cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.