Cruise Control Not Maintaining Set Speed

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
Apologies if I am being a numpty, but I struggled to get the cruise control to sit at 70 mph and maintain a consistent 70mph. Surely if I press the following buttons/sequence speed set should be maintained?

Manual states:
Connecting ● Press the O/I button. It does not take effect yet. Start regulation ● When the vehicle is moving, press the button SET The current speed is saved as a limit speed.

ACC was deactivated. so its probably user error to be fair just thought I'd check with the forums experts :)

Thanks

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Achieve the speed you want then press the ACC button on the steering wheel and press ' set' your speed should be it up green towards the bottom right of your dash ( may differ depending on which virtual dash layout you have gone for) you can change the speed up and down in 1 mph increments using ' set' (-1) and ' res' (+1) you can also adjust in 5mph increments using the '-' and '+' buttons. If you press the distance setting button on the left hand side of your steering wheel you can adjust the length that the radar will pick up the car in front and decelerate/ accelerate due to their behaviour

Reactions: Wattser

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Hmm raises a question I was considring. If you have Adaptive Cruise Control, can the "Adaptive" part be disabled to make it "dumb" cruise control? On my Honda (10 years ago) it certainly couldn't.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
The one thing I'm struggling to do is:

When I have my speed set and I have to brake ( this obviously disengages the cruise control and the speed ceases to illuminate but stays grey) how do you then activate this speed again? So for example set for 70, break, engage cruise control to 70 again.

In my old Leon when cruise control was active and you used your brakes you could then tap the rocker switch on the indicator stalk 'up' to go back to your set speed or ' down' to your new reduced speed.

Hope that makes sense..

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
The one thing I'm struggling to do is:

When I have my speed set and I have to brake ( this obviously disengages the cruise control and the speed ceases to illuminate but stays grey) how do you then activate this speed again? So for example set for 70, break, engage cruise control to 70 again.

In my old Leon when cruise control was active and you used your brakes you could then tap the rocker switch on the indicator stalk 'up' to go back to your set speed or ' down' to your new reduced speed.

Hope that makes sense..
I think you just press "RES".

Hmm raises a question I was considring. If you have Adaptive Cruise Control, can the "Adaptive" part be disabled to make it "dumb" cruise control? On my Honda (10 years ago) it certainly couldn't.
I think that someone was saying on the forum that it can't be done. It's adaptive or nothing. I haven't tried to do it.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
So, the OP had in fact deactivated the CC altogether (as you can't just do the adaptive element) which of cousre makes sense, and no speed was being maintained as it was the limiter he was setting.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
No, you can't have standard cruise, ACC or nothing. There's long discussion about ACC in another thread, from post 5 onwards:

AndrewRL

Jun 17, 2021
A related question re maintaining speed with ACC....does anyone else have issues with the car slowing down (even on straight road) when trying to pass a slower vehicle in the left lane? Hasn't happened all the time but a few times has caught me out.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
A related question re maintaining speed with ACC....does anyone else have issues with the car slowing down (even on straight road) when trying to pass a slower vehicle in the left lane? Hasn't happened all the time but a few times has caught me out.
Yes this is a known issue. You need to report it to your dealer so that they can contact you when a fix has been found.

The issue is the vehicle thinks it is a left hand drive vehicle which is preventing you from undertaking.

The fault has been escalated to the factory in Barcelona to come up with a solution, however there hasn’t been any progress in over 6 weeks so far.

Yes this is a known issue. You need to report it to your dealer so that they can contact you when a fix has been found.

The issue is the vehicle thinks it is a left hand drive vehicle which is preventing you from undertaking.

The fault has been escalated to the factory in Barcelona to come up with a solution, however there hasn’t been any progress in over 6 weeks so far.
It isn't.. the radar is coded to prevent undertaking. It's easy enough to change, it's one bit of coding

The issues with LHD configuration is when it doesn't allow you to overtake on the right

This is normal, it's coded to stop you from undertaking on the left.

It's easy enough to disable and there's no SFD on the radar

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
It isn't.. the radar is coded to prevent undertaking. It's easy enough to change, it's one bit of coding

The issues with LHD configuration is when it doesn't allow you to overtake on the right
If you know so much may be you should approach Cupra for a job!

I’m in regular contact with Cupra HQ (they call me at least a couple of times a week with updates) as my issues have been escalated to the highest level and they have confirmed that the issue is now with the factory in Barcelona. It isn’t a straight forward fix at all from what I’ve been told by Cupra.

AndrewRL

Jun 17, 2021
Thanks for the replies. Will add to the list for the dealer.

To be clear, this is an issue when I am in the right lane overtaking a slower vehicle on the left.

It seems that the issue is that the car thinks it is LHD/in mainland Europe so is also connected to the issue of speed limits being shown in km/h and (possibly??) no street/towns being shown when postcode entered into sat nav.

Will hassle the dealer but hope it may be fixed "remotely" as dealer is some distance away :-(

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Thanks for the replies. Will add to the list for the dealer.

To be clear, this is an issue when I am in the right lane overtaking a slower vehicle on the left.

It seems that the issue is that the car thinks it is LHD/in mainland Europe so is also connected to the issue of speed limits being shown in km/h and (possibly??) no street/towns being shown when postcode entered into sat nav.

Will hassle the dealer but hope it may be fixed "remotely" as dealer is some distance away :-(
It’s the same issue I am experiencing and many other owners are too. Your dealer might be aware of the issue already, however when they escalate it to Cupra Technical they will advise them that it’s a known issue with no fix at the moment.

Unfortunately your car will require a visit to the dealer to fix it once the software issue has been resolved as it takes about 5 hours for the dealer to install the update.

Cupra have just advised me not to use ACC until it has been fixed with it applying the brakes when overtaking on the motorway!

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
The only way round it is to drive with your RH indicator permanently on, this overrides the slowing down when overtaking cars legally. The downside is this will make you look a bit weird 😬

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
The only way round it is to drive with your RH indicator permanently on, this overrides the slowing down when overtaking cars legally. The downside is this will make you look a bit weird 😬
🤣🤣🤣 that’s tickled me that.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I'm in the West Country at the mo', having driven from Lincoln on Wednesday. Now, on the way I had absolutely NO issues with the ACC and it trying to show me down overtaking cars as has happened before. This surprised me somewhat 😬.
My route: A46 (dual carriageway), M1, M69, M6, M5, M4, M32 into Brizzle, then M4, A449 and finally A40 (both dual carriageway).
I was driving 'keenly' (averaging 60+mph) and in Sports mode all the way, except for a tiny bit where I tried Comfort mode to see if the issue arose (it didn't) . I usually stay in Comfort mode, but thought sod it. On my return trip via Bristol I'm going to stick it in Comfort mode and see what happens. I've made this journey a few times and pretty certain it's happened before! Think I need to be better at record keeping like Agnes 😊.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise