DSG 7 rattling NOISES! HELP PLEASE!

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
We have that clunk on the brake peddle under soft braking aswell , but only now and again

najiabinader

this is so not expected from a brand like SEAT!!!!!
to treat their customers this way, and to sell us such a junky car!!!!!

obadvw

i have watching this thread long time, i own VW Jetta 2010 with 1.6L and DSG7

i have to report that i have the same problems

1-soft clunk of brake while moving only, more loud when in R and brake
2-clunk sound when changing from D to N, sometimes these sounds very LOUD
3-Rattle sound when changing from 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 or down shifting

i noticed that rattle noises disappear if you accelerate too hard, you will not hear rattle when changing gears

Rattle noises only happen when softly changing the gears ,like when you are accelerating gently

i received update once for the gearbox because my cruise control wasn't functioning as it should, after that upgrade i got better brake, i mean no harsh down shifting to 2nd gear, usually when braking the 2nd gear will be selected but the clutch is not engaged when going to full stop, this has improved the harsh downshifting too much going to a full stop

hope this helps and watching this Post

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
Does anyone know about the uprated 7 speed dsg they are fitting to the new audi A1, and if so what has changed.it is capable of handling about 450 BHP by all accounts.

5k0da...t3ch

Hi Guys, new to the mk5 forums as ive used to have a mk3, noise from dsg is in no way normal, (i used to be a seat and skoda tech) had my cupra for over 3 weeks now and no noises apart from a creek from behind the dash! which is getting sorted. would not take that noise from the dsg and not budge from the dealer till they had it sorted.! by the way the new a1 is the same as the ibiza/fabia/polo the only differance is the engine has an extra 5hp! s-tronic dsg box and floor pan is all the same.

gtv11636

How was it resolved?
Was it a software issue or else?
Can you find out the code for this update?

Thanks

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
new software for the dsg is 0AM300047T

I think this is the one , but when we took our car in last week for it,s first sevice i wrote them a note with this code on to check for us ,but they said the ecu software was showing no fault codes, wether they checked for updates i don,t know.
I will keep asking for the ecu to be checked,when we take it in next time, maybe a differant dealer not sure yet.
Still waiting to see how this waterpump problem pans out first.
VW are still working on a fix.

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
not sure what the update was, but it was said to resolve this issue. as it turned out, it didn't! my box was knackered and had to be changed as detailed in the above thread.

Guy.fr

Cupra 2010

Hi,

I have received my brand new Cupra 2010 DSG7 about 2 weeks ago.

I also, immediately noticed the very annoying rattling noise from the gear box,
in my case only in low speeds over speed humps or on a bumpy road.

Just like 2 metal pipes are hitting each other.

As the car had 100 Kilometers on it, I went to the dealership who stressed that this is a completely normal thing - while explaining that the dsg works with 2 sets of clutches which make the rattling noise.

When I asked about solving the problem, they stated there is no problem to solve - therefore there is also no update whatsoever.

Now I am frustrated, because you guys say that some dealership are at least trying to solve the problem whereas mine are just confident that this is the noise the gearbx should be making... any suggestions of what should I do next??

Thanks,

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
i feel sorry for you najiabinader it looks asif you have got a big problem with having no other dealer to take it to. i take it you have had the car for more than 30 days havent you because you could back the car and get your money back on seats 30 day money back guaruntee!
good luck with sorting it out they are good cars just looks like there is a few bad ones out there i love mine and have had nothing wrong with it

MARKG_BOC

Feb 2, 2010
nottinghamshire
I've noticed when driving at a normal speed then decide to put phone down ded quick and lift back up hear a wee noises how can a brand new car make noises

Apr 23, 2010
Here
I've noticed when driving at a normal speed then decide to put phone down ded quick and lift back up hear a wee noises how can a brand new car make noises

Might wanna get your phone checked if it's picking up interference from the DSG :lol:
And don't get caught driving with your phone in your hand :whistle:

MARKG_BOC

Feb 2, 2010
nottinghamshire
I've noticed when driving at a normal speed then decide to put foot down ded quick and lift back up hear a wee noises how can a brand new car make noises