Fault codes..

Stoker20VT

Feb 8, 2010
Durham
Had my Cupra for a week and already the EPC light has flashed up..

So my mate plugged his diagnostic tool in and the following things came up..

02 sensor, is that a lamdba??

Temp coolant sensor, weres that? Guessing thermostat or radiator area?

and secondary air injection thingy, seen a guide to rip that out [B)]

Wats the damage going to be £££ wise? And could this be the cause of my car seeming to miss under boosting?

Thanks.

alexbradford

Aug 29, 2008
paisley
Had my Cupra for a week and already the EPC light has flashed up..

So my mate plugged his diagnostic tool in and the following things came up..

02 sensor, is that a lamdba??Temp coolant sensor, weres that? Guessing thermostat or radiator area?

and secondary air injection thingy, seen a guide to rip that out [B)]

Wats the damage going to be £££ wise? And could this be the cause of my car seeming to miss under boosting?

Thanks.

Correct! That would be your lambda sensor, Having the exact same issue myself. £100 from the motor factors, IMO get on ebay with the part number.

May 16, 2008
southampton
coolant temp sensor get from gsf for about 17 quid or 30 from seat.. and its located on the right hand side under tip and near power steering bottle .. epc light is the electronic pedal control thats the white plug cliped on the pedal it self it might have fell off or broke off..

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
was lambda o2 sensor fault a fuel trim type error or a no sensor signal type error
if fuel trim type error, it is likely caused by weak maf sensor under reading and ecu trying to compensate for lean condition and hitting its adaption limit and popping the code

often the lambda is ok, its telling it how it is, and fault lies with the maf sensor, which unless really low reading or dead wont throw a code

Stoker20VT

Feb 8, 2010
Durham
hmmm i see, i'll have to re-check. Its horrible when boosting, miss's something rotton. Some times it feels quick and other times it just doesnt move.

Also seems to be drinking the petrol for a standard car...20mpg style...