handling mods.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
guys I already have coilovers and was 90% decided on having them corner weighted and having a rear ARB installed.

Do you guys think i would be better off leaving my coilovers adjusted for height only, and instead get front and rear anti roll bars fitted along with the whiteline anti lift kit.

I regularily drive the nurrburgring(around 6-10 laps a month funds dependant).

jdearden

Yeah i'd recommend getting some anti roll bars if you've already done the suspension.
Can you do the engine bay/ boot struct brace route also? I know neuspeed manufacture stuff for the MK5 golf platform so shouldn't struggle to find things for your leon

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Well i have just ordered eibach front and rear anti roll bars and whiteline anti lift kit, nowhopefully they will have a good effect on the car.

There are so many options out there for different ARB configurations, this one seemed the most neutral of the others. I want to dial out understeer but not to the point that evertime i lift off the back end steps out or i get lots of oversteer.

Very interested to see how the WALK effects the car. Although I wont know what will make the difference as they will all be installed at the same time. Do many guys on here use the WALK

badgerade

Simon - have you had the ARBs/WALK fitted yet? Have seen good things about the WALK on the GTI forums but nothing for the leon yet..

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I was looking at the WALK as well along with the Neuspeed Rear ARB (already have the front one) and would be interested if they improve things.
Alex

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
im booked in for fitting on saturday. however im considering having just the eibach front and rear bars fitted fiorst to see if the car needs the anti lift kit. before i potentially buy something thast not essentially needed. also it will giove me more idea as to what improvements each individual mod has made

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
The ABRs cancel out a lot of understeer on a TDi, i've got them and the car hardly rolls. The biggest change is in the wet where it used to understeer quite a bit. Now, it grips far harder than on standard set-up.

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
i have the WALK kit on my ed30 and the turn in is crisper and now have KW V3 on now that been setup by VW racing team and now the car is fantastic in the corners. Y ou cant go wrong with the Walk kit and they look cool too lol

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
just had thew eibachs fitted, didnt go with the walk, im going to wait till my next track day then see if i need it.

i am well impressed with the setup now. body roll is massively reduced and it gives you way more confidence in the car. not tried it in rain yet but im sure it will perform fantastic.

combined with my coilovers the handling is great im just being let down by my tyres now. vredestein ultrac sessantas being fitted on saturday along with 4 wheel 3d laser alignment at wheels in motion. looking forward to the results then.

I actua;lly think that my steering has more weight to it now, anybody else thought that with theirs. i might just be imagining it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.