Hids!

sooty16v

long.
Jul 25, 2007
South London
Right, had these on for a mere 7 months and now only ones working!

Any ideas? I checked all wiring etc and nothing unusual is visible. It has been raining cats and dogs recently so maybe down to that!?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
unfortunately the Ballasts can go mate

my mate just had replace a ballast on his car as one wasnt working

although he was told if it was a ballast both lights wouldnt work, he managed to get one and it has solved his problem

not exactly easy to find them though

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Dont know if you can test them with a volt meter or something just to make sure its the problem, most probaby is though

My mate spent couple months looking and he paid £50 for one so might be easier to replace the lot for the cost

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
first things first have you checked the fuse? if no then i would prob that, then if they are ok, swap one ballest side to side, if it stops the other side working its a faulty ballest, if not swap your bulbs side to side. prob a fuse tho

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
I work for HIDS-Direct Buddy, I can sort you a ballast out for about £24.00 inc. VAT and Delivery and a years warranty, Im due to be a frequent poster on here picking up a Biza Cupra tomorrow so I will stick up a few helpfull threads to people.

Dane.

sooty16v

long.
Jul 25, 2007
South London
Yup, need to do a bit of eliminating and swap over ballasts/bulbs. Haven't been driving the car this week so will check it over the weekend!

Dane! Will get in touch if I need a new ballast!

Years warranty yup, but lost all the paperwork :doh: and the company don't sell hids anymore!

Thanks again guys!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.