Hpfp

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered the autotech HPFP internals and I'm booked in with JBS for first thing friday morning to have it fitted.

At the same time I'll upload the Stage 3 bluefin map... Can't wait!! [B)]

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered the autotech HPFP internals and I'm booked in with JBS for first thing friday morning to have it fitted.

At the same time I'll upload the Stage 3 bluefin map... Can't wait!! [B)]

Are they going to RR it for you Rob. What do Bluefin claim for stage 3?

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
I'm not sure if they've got time for an RR session too, they're fitting me in on short notice, but if they're not up the wall on the day I'm hoping for so.

Bluefin quote 337bhp and 433nm for the stage 3, so not quite up there with the likes of GIAC and revo stg 2+ but still a very significant hike for very little money.

A few have mentioned that the torque seems a little low so I'd like to compare side by side with a stg 2+ car at some point.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
I'm paying JBS £358 fitted. If had gone for it sooner I could've had the KMD for £310 fitted. But Autotech seem to have a much better reputation.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Running Eibach sportlines.

You're saying all the right thing! I've just picked up a set of sportlines to go on!

I was quite worried about traction going for the big power hike of stage 2 without HPFP going to stage 3 with HPFP.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
You're saying all the right thing! I've just picked up a set of sportlines to go on!

I was quite worried about traction going for the big power hike of stage 2 without HPFP going to stage 3 with HPFP.

I suppose its down to the way you drive your car - i only ever "squeeze" the pedal, as i let the engines torque do the work. If your into traffic light grand prix its gonna spin all the way to fourth gear which is quite entertaining occasionally, but not good for tyre wear.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
There's not much in the way of traffic lights where its driven mainly.

Do you have any links to pics of yours on the sportlines?

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
A couple here. The 2nd one was just after fitment

K1whitewheel.jpg

Photo0509.jpg

Poverty

I'm paying JBS £358 fitted. If had gone for it sooner I could've had the KMD for £310 fitted. But Autotech seem to have a much better reputation.

Ive heard that the autotech and kmd internals are pretty much identical :shrug:

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Hey, just wandering if you got the hpfp fitted and how its going? am looking at it myself. did you get a whole new pump with new internals, or have the internals of your original replaced? thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members