Hunting idle and low mpg

coziam

Dec 6, 2022
I've ordered a new dipstick and Garage with get the pipes when its in for an oil service. PCV Valve looks fairly. Never thought it could be the DV before as I have experienced any lag when flooring the accelerator. Car has already a stg1 map but I'm keen on taking it to R-Tech and getting the remap and Walnut blasting package.
I had a stage 1 when I got my car then took it to r tech for a remap and the walnut blast and injectors cleaned. It made 350ftlb and 335 bhp, well worth getting the package. Let me know if it solves the issue when its all done.👍

coziam

Dec 6, 2022
I've ordered a new dipstick and Garage with get the pipes when its in for an oil service. PCV Valve looks fairly. Never thought it could be the DV before as I have experienced any lag when flooring the accelerator. Car has already a stg1 map but I'm keen on taking it to R-Tech and getting the remap and Walnut blasting package.
I have finally found the vacuum leak! I bite the bullet and purchased a smoke machine for the vacuum system and boost system.

https://amzn.eu/d/5zC85pa

It turned out to be the value cover, it is part of the pcv system. I put the smoke machine in the oil filler hole, and it come out of the pcv hose. I did a youtube short to show it.

I got that package from r tech and it was brilliant!

Chris78

Oct 5, 2019
Greece
I have finally found the vacuum leak! I bite the bullet and purchased a smoke machine for the vacuum system and boost system.

It turned out to be the value cover, it is part of the pcv system. I put the smoke machine in the oil filler hole, and it come out of the pcv hose. I did a youtube short to show it.

So it was the hose the issue or the whole valve cover?

coziam

Dec 6, 2022
So it was the hose the issue or the whole valve cover?
It was the whole valve cover. When I put the smoke machine down the intake, smoke was coming from the oil filler. I have ordered a second hand valve cover I'm going to test that with the smoke machine, then I'll give you an update. I'm not saying that is your issue but it is a good idea to test it.

Chris78

Oct 5, 2019
Greece
Try first to remove the protruding plastic of the oil filler so that the cap sits flat. Maybe there is the leak

coziam

Dec 6, 2022
Try first to remove the protruding plastic of the oil filler so that the cap sits flat. Maybe there is the leak
vw-ssp-pcv-valve-tfsi-ea113~2.jpg
This is how I have come to the conclusion it's the pcv system in the valve cover.

coziam

Dec 6, 2022
Screenshot_20230408_085302_eBay~2.jpg

So it's not the valve cover gasket because the valve cover itself is prone to delamination inside causing vacuum leaks because the engine will be sucking air that is not measured by the maf sensor causing the fuel trims to be off when the lambda sensor is reading the exhaust then the engine compensates the extra air with extra fuel

Reactions: Awesam

coziam

Dec 6, 2022
The new (to me) one is due to come in the post any day now. When I take it off, I'll also try and get a video smoke testing it, to see where it failed. The pcv system on these cars is so complicated. 😂

Reactions: Awesam and Chris78
Mar 8, 2023

Haave you removed the video?

Mar 8, 2023
Thought I'd give an update as I've just spent a small fortune in getting the car ready to pass it's MOT.
So still having the idling issue but not as bad as before, I had to replace the rocker cover gasket as oil was leaking aswell replacing the vacuum hose. Also had a full service done so will report back later if the MPG has improved or not!

Reactions: Chris78
Mar 8, 2023
Hi Sorry for the delay. well the MPG is probably the same not great! the car has a stage 1 tune on it but on average a full tank is only returning 250 miles and that driving normal.
I have an MK2 Octavia VRS with a K04 Turbo Conversion and that would do at least 280 miles with some spirited driving, the only difference was that the Engine was a EA888 gen 2.

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
Not sure if this helps, but I ended up finding part of the problem on my car. It's a perforated hose that was cracked and very hard to spot. I think the mechanic said it was one of those evap hoses

Attachments

• IMG_20231022_162503.jpg
    IMG_20231022_162503.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 43
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise